Deinonychus

03 Aug 2016, 1:35 pm

Yes you.

That is what P,P&R is for, no?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 1:58 pm

Well... it's an election year in the US.. I think it is inevitable...

BTW, there are now 10,000 topics in News & Current Events...

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 2:36 pm

I agree with GGPViper.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 6:59 pm

Trump says...
Trump does...
Trump is...
Trump seems...
Trump appears...
You wouldn't believe what Trump...
...doesn't like Trump

Kinda funny. Kinda funny that it's everywhere too (not just here).

Heh.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Aug 2016, 10:33 pm

Mods don't seem to care too much even tho it is really killing the forum at this point. Send in the reports, it's pretty much one user who is the main culprit so enough reports would warrant a response eventually I would assume.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 8:25 am

People can easily post about anything they want here. There is also a search feature- so if someone doesn't want to sift through politics they can EASILY search for something and likely find it. Also, its not hard to make a new topic and go from there.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 9:39 am

Jacoby wrote:
Mods don't seem to care too much even tho it is really killing the forum at this point. Send in the reports, it's pretty much one user who is the main culprit so enough reports would warrant a response eventually I would assume.

That user admitted here to owning and employing people in a political data business, so that may explain it.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 9:51 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

That user admitted here to owning and employing people in a political data business, so that may explain it.

lol So he literally is a paid shill? You can't make this up! :lol: Look up 'Correcting The Record' if anybody doesn't believe this is happening, Hillary is spending millions on shills online to try to manipulate public opinion.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:28 am

The autistic vote is considered important enough for somebody to pay somebody to try and influence us. Cool

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 12:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

lol So he literally is a paid shill? You can't make this up! :lol: Look up 'Correcting The Record' if anybody doesn't believe this is happening, Hillary is spending millions on shills online to try to manipulate public opinion.

Not sure what this user's motives are.

I know I argued in one of these anti-Trump topics before, and this user said "my staff found this research", and I was like, "staff"?, and the user said "yeah, I own a political research company and employ people".

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 12:54 pm

literal paid shills!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ebook.html

it is not a conspiracy!

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:21 am

[moderating]

In an election year, a lot of the news is political.

Personal attacks are not OK, no matter how strongly you disagree with the poster's support of the other guy/gal.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:27 am

Of course no personal attacks but what about spamming? I could make 15 threads a day too fwiw, especially easy if I don't have to post anything except a link but I actually like the back and forth and the debate.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:42 am

[moderating]

Quote:
Spamming
--------------------
* Do not create multiple topics in a short amount of time.
* Do not create multiple similarly themed topics; please combine them into one topic.
* Cross posting is prohibited
* Please do not create pointless threads. These will be locked or deleted.

Posting many, many similarly themed topics in a short time is a problem.

It can be hard sometimes to determine where the edges of "similarly themed" lie. For example, a post about a political candidate's raging narcissism and another post about the ethics of party members with divergent views neverthless supporting that candidate may be seen as similar (they are both about the candidate) or different (one is focused on the candidate, the other on the party).

It's fine to have political news in News & Current Events and reasonable to object to spamming huge numbers of topics in a short time. It's not OK to object to topics on the basis of which candidate they support.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 5:38 pm

Jacoby wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Actually you CAN make this up ... and you did. Normally my policy is to ignore trolls like Jacoby and LoveNotHate and simply report them, but in view of the failure of the moderator to take action after more than a week, I'm simply going to have to call them out on their public lies.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 5:46 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Not sure what this user's motives are.

I know I argued in one of these anti-Trump topics before, and this user said "my staff found this research", and I was like, "staff"?, and the user said "yeah, I own a political research company and employ people".

Amazing the lengths that Trump supporters will go to deceive in order to suppress opposition. Even open lying by them here is now acceptable.