Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 2:47 pm

There was an animated movie in the 60s or the 70s, Pete The Magic Dragon, I think that the name, I think it was the 70s, not sure, I watched it when I was a kid. There remade that movie, I don't know how I feel about that. Does anyone know about this?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 8:35 pm

I did hear about this movie. I saw the trailer and I remember the movie from the seventies

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 5:33 pm

That one? 1977. It got me teary-eyed, as an adult, I couldn't care less as a kid.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2016, 4:12 am

Didn't hear about this movie.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 11:00 pm

I remember actually going to see the movie when it came out in 1977, but I didn't remember much because I was only around three, I think. But I saw it again a few times in TV. 1977 Pete's Dragon was incredibly cheesy. It was the Dark Age of Animation, Disney Studio was going through a really rough time, and they were basically trying to create the next Mary Poppins since that movie was successful. But it did have some charm. Now the new movie I read is actually pretty good but I don't like the fact that the Pete's parents get killed right at the beginning instead of him already being an orphan (why are there so many family movies where the main character has no family?)

Here's a neat little fact: The remake takes place in 1977 when the original movie was made, where it took place in the early 1900's.