More of a tomboy 42%  42%  [ 44 ]
Extreme tomboy 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Transgender (biological females only) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 104

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2018, 12:29 am

I'm more of a tomboy. I have masculine interests such as Pokemon, video games (fighting games), Bakugan , Naruto Shippuden, Cardfight Vanguard G, shounen anime (anime targeted towards boys), and climbing trees whenever I get a chance. I'm not afraid of spiders, snakes or worms. I don't get grossed out easily by blood and gore. I don't mind getting a little dirty. I have short hair that's shoulder length. Most of my wardrobe consists of sneakers, athletic shorts/pants, hoodies, jeans, sneakers, t-shirts, cargo capris and baseball caps. I hate pink, dresses, skirts, makeup, and perfume. It's too girly for me. I have mostly guy friends. So yeah, that's me.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2018, 3:39 pm

I've always been very masculine, even physically. As a child I wanted to be a boy, but after I was diagnosed and understood myself better, I accepted myself as a very tomboy girl.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2018, 5:05 am

When I was very little I wanted to be a boy.

By first grade I realized I couldn't be a proper boy because I was unathletic. I was the slowest runner in the class.

I was never much into dolls. I liked card games, some board games, puzzles, and what were then called plastic bricks (subsequently Legos).

In school I excelled at, and enjoyed, math and science.

I've always hated the idea of spending lots of time fussing around with my appearance. I've always worn pants when I could. I've always hated wearing skirts in the winter time, and I've always hated the feel of stockings and pantyhose.

Senatriss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2018, 8:52 am

I'm a girly girl. I've always loved my dolls, makeup and jewellery. I remember when I was younger pretending to be a princess and always wanting to paint my nails like my mum did. I used to love getting child's makeup sets for Christmas and loved how I could either have my hair tied back or let it fall over my shoulders. I've never been into boy's stuff.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

Ironically my Mama and sister are both tomboys but I'm an effeminate man. They both tell me I'm more tenderhearted and have girlier tastes than any of the females they know. :mrgreen:

My Mama likes cars, action movies, being in the woods, wearing flats, knows a good bit about mechanical stuff, etc.

My sister likes diving, animals, tattoos, peircings, dying her hair weird colors, etc. She's never been afraid to get dirty and used to go out in the yard collecting frogs and playing with them in a bucket.

Me I was the one who played with dolls and liked making things as a little boy, I liked art, fantasy, flowers, "exotic" stuff from other countries, collecting crystals and sea shells, cooking in the kitchen, and hated "manly" things like sports, cars, war, and wrestling.

AutoUsername102
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Nov 2018, 7:28 pm

I'm mainly a girly girl. Not because of my clothes or hair or makeup or interests. Because I put other people's needs ahead of my own, mostly kids and what they need. And I get dominated by men. And I have instincts to stay away from strangers. And I don't like creepy male attention. And I've been whistled at in the street in uglyish boy clothes. And I giggle lols, and I'm quiet... I like cars and motorbikes, I was climbing trees and playing chasey as a kid (but so was everyone else I thought), I feel stupid in a dress & makeup, though I did those things in a phase of time. I didn't know gaming was a boy thing and got upset my brother was allowed to play more. I didn't know maths was a boy thing since it's not the 50's. I sometimes externalise my anger. I don't see why genderqueer isn't just some new form of being extremely conservative. Oh and I've been told I'm a girly girl

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 4:29 am

To be perfectly honest sometimes I wish I was born a girl so I could wear women's clothing, make-up, and jewelry. Women's clothing looks so much more beautiful than men's clothing.

And I don't want to wear drag because as a hairy man I don't feel like I would ever look "pretty" dressed as a woman, I just wish I was already born one. :)

Faith92
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2018, 4:53 am

I'm a girly girl. I love dresses, makeup and jewellery, except I can't wear most of that because most of the time it feels uncomfortable, especially makeup. I might wear lipstick from time to time but not much. I love wearing dresses but the feel of them puts me off, I don't like how they sway about and brush against my legs, it's so uncomfortable and really irritates my skin so most of the time I just wear t shirts and jeans or ordinary trousers. Jewellery I can take, I like wearing necklaces and bracelets. Earrings are uncomfortable on my ears so I don't wear those much either.

I always found boy's clothes look a little bland, no offense intended to boys and men. I love my clothes, the patterns and how pretty they are. I just wish I wasn't so sensitive to the material of them as it ruins a lot of them for me. The only time I'll usually wear a dress is for work, but mostly I put on a white shirt, black jacket and black skirt with leggings which oddly don't upset my skin. I'm not fond of skirt textures either because of the sensitivity but they're better than dresses.

There's no problem with that Tw1zty. I think everyone should be allowed to wear whatever they like anyway, my brother who also wants to be a girl wears whatever takes his fancy.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 6:48 am

Faith92 wrote:
I'm a girly girl. I love dresses, makeup and jewellery, except I can't wear most of that because most of the time it feels uncomfortable, especially makeup. I might wear lipstick from time to time but not much. I love wearing dresses but the feel of them puts me off, I don't like how they sway about and brush against my legs, it's so uncomfortable and really irritates my skin so most of the time I just wear t shirts and jeans or ordinary trousers. Jewellery I can take, I like wearing necklaces and bracelets. Earrings are uncomfortable on my ears so I don't wear those much either.

I always found boy's clothes look a little bland, no offense intended to boys and men. I love my clothes, the patterns and how pretty they are. I just wish I wasn't so sensitive to the material of them as it ruins a lot of them for me. The only time I'll usually wear a dress is for work, but mostly I put on a white shirt, black jacket and black skirt with leggings which oddly don't upset my skin. I'm not fond of skirt textures either because of the sensitivity but they're better than dresses.

There's no problem with that Tw1zty. I think everyone should be allowed to wear whatever they like anyway, my brother who also wants to be a girl wears whatever takes his fancy.

Yeah men's clothing is pretty bland. I think men's clothes are designed more for comfort over style. Even suits. I know a lot of women say that their clothes can feel very uncomfortable despite how pretty they look.

And I'm not actually transgender. I'm perfectly happy being a man who likes other men. But I do kind of envy the way girls look in beautiful dresses. If I was born a girl I'd definetly be the type to wear dresses and heels often. :mrgreen:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2018, 7:02 am

If I was a girl I'd love to wear a Chinese cheongsam dress:

I have dark hair and light skin so I bet I could pull the look off. 8)

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 1:47 pm

I was a tomboy as a kid and still get described that way because of my height or as a baby butch but I'm really a butch because 'tomboy' is pretty infantilizing for a 30 yo bi/lesbian woman.
My girly side is the side that likes dolls but that's not really girly, it's the same side of me that's a writer and likes telling stories.

Serpentine
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2018, 1:42 pm

I fall somewhere in the middle. In fact I don't know what to make of me, as I'm a walking assortment of contradictions. I'd like to wear prettier clothes and makeup but am still losing weight and am not there yet. At this point it would feel like putting lipstick on a pig, so to speak, so I don't put the effort into it. I can't fuss too much in general though. Any makeup and hair routine has to be quick and easy. Nice clothing for me doesn't mean frilly dresses. I prefer simple, elegant and wearable styles or a pair of nice jeans with a flattering top. No stilettos for me. I am too clumsy for heels unless they're chunky.

My interests are traditionally more masculine, though can I just say that I absolutely HATE that science and history are considered male pursuits? I have always been into science, particularly zoology and herpetology. I breed snakes, amphibians and tropical fish. I love riding and working with horses. Now there's something that will get you filthy. I also enjoy documentaries, insist on learning something new every day and will never be able to pull off the giggly dumb flirtatious act. I have a large vocabulary and prefer to use it. I joke that I am allergic to the color pink, and that the cutest animals on earth are baby snakes first and kittens second.

Then again on the artistic side I am getting into quilting, knitting and sewing because it is relaxing and productive. I enjoy intricate adult coloring books. I love working with colors. Those are definitely considered feminine pursuits. Photography is a favorite. I love music but could never get into playing the flute. It was technically difficult but it didn't have the commanding resonance that I so appreciate. I much prefer a big old rich-voiced cello or the piano, which are still instruments that tend to be more often preferred by men. Listening preferences are all over the board from ethereal new age to classical, medieval, traditional Celtic, pop, classic rock, hard rock and metal. Good grief.

Decorating style falls in between as well. I appreciate beauty and comfort but prefer things natural and more or less gender neutral. Fossils and crystals yes, crystal no. Simple, elegant lines like Mission style have just the right ratio of decorative appeal to no-nonsense functionality. Rustic is attractive too. I like realism in art but am certainly not married to it. Landscapes are appealing (bonus points for animals somewhere in the piece). I dislike gaudy colors, fussy lace or busy floral patterns in the house, going instead for earth tones and simpler patterns that suggest nature rather than smothering you with cabbage roses.

I dislike sports in general though. Was never good at them and don't enjoy watching them. The exception is equestrian sports. Throw a half-ton animal sailing over fences into the action and all of a sudden I'm in. As for actually participating, I used to gallop the cloverleaf pattern and careen around barrels with gleeful abandon. I need to get back into barrel racing. Self-preservation? What's that? :mrgreen:

- Joanne M. Harris, The Testament of Loki

GreyGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 11:48 pm

For some reason, I seem to walk the line.
My equestrian attire? Riding jeans or breeches with paddocks/chaps or field boots, t-shirt/polo, but obnoxious helmet covers or ratty ball caps are common. I'm currently horseless but hope to get back. Just not sure what discipline is next)
Around home, exercise wear, mostly.
Going out, dresses/skirts more casual, boho type.
Best examples: my favorite blazer is tailored dennis. My favorite short boots are embroidered floral fabric combat boots. I love pairing my "Marvel Comics" tee with wickedly high heeled metallic spectator booties and classic blue jeans and a trucker jacket.
I'd have no problem if I had to muck a stall, crochet a beaded Victorian style purse, or help rebuild my deck.
As a kid I watched live surgery done on an injured horse at the boarding stable.
These are my basics and I've finally begun accepting and embracing it.

Muia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2019, 12:33 pm

My partner says I’m as much man as he’s want a partner to be, but he means this in that he likes me that way. Taken as a compliment. I was a Tom boy as a child and still prefer to talk to men. I like gaming and I’m not really girly. I like to dress in skinny jeans, trainers and a T-shirt so not girly. I only wear concealer and use a brow pencil and that’s my day to day makeup. If I go out I go mad and wear mascara and maybe eyeshadow. But it’s always the same style. I don’t wear heels either because they are to uncomfortable. Flats all the way.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 6:22 pm

Um, I guess I'm sort of in the middle, more girly leaning perhaps.

As I little girl I was VERY girly. I wore nothing but dresses, tights, and freaked right out when I got dirty. But then I went through a bit of a tomboy stage. After that for a long time I tended to be a t-shirt and jeans person. Nothing real girly but not real boyish either.

I've gone back more to myself - the girly one as an adult. I still get lazy and do the t-shirt and jeans (also my barn wear), or like windpants/yoga pants and a shirt. But if I have somewhere to go, or to do, I tend to put more into my appearance, I do like finding pretty clothes, doing makeup for events and so on. I feel like i've reached a decent blend for myself

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 12:53 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
To be perfectly honest sometimes I wish I was born a girl so I could wear women's clothing, make-up, and jewelry. Women's clothing looks so much more beautiful than men's clothing.

And I don't want to wear drag because as a hairy man I don't feel like I would ever look "pretty" dressed as a woman, I just wish I was already born one. :)

Eh, women's clothing has it's ups and downs. I mean, I love wearing women's clothes but finding the right dress can be a pain in the butt. I'm perfectly comfortable being a woman. Unisex t-shirts are just easier for me to wear because I can buy an XL and it look and feel great. Don't get me wrong, a classy blouse is nice but I prefer to wear it with jeans if I can.

From what knowledge I have, I don't think men who are drag queens are uncomfortable being men. Basically, TW1ZTY, my fellow antique enthusiast, I just say you do you. Don't care what others think or say about you being well...you.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre