Extreme tomboy 12%  12%  [ 12 ]
Transgender (biological females only) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 104

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 12:53 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
To be perfectly honest sometimes I wish I was born a girl so I could wear women's clothing, make-up, and jewelry. Women's clothing looks so much more beautiful than men's clothing.

And I don't want to wear drag because as a hairy man I don't feel like I would ever look "pretty" dressed as a woman, I just wish I was already born one. :)

Eh, women's clothing has it's ups and downs. I mean, I love wearing women's clothes but finding the right dress can be a pain in the butt. I'm perfectly comfortable being a woman. Unisex t-shirts are just easier for me to wear because I can buy an XL and it look and feel great. Don't get me wrong, a classy blouse is nice but I prefer to wear it with jeans if I can.

From what knowledge I have, I don't think men who are drag queens are uncomfortable being men. Basically, TW1ZTY, my fellow antique enthusiast, I just say you do you. Don't care what others think or say about you being well...you.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 9:33 pm

It depends on my mood and the setting. At work, my clothes are typically more “girly.” Weekends and days off, I’m more androgynous, unless it’s a special occasion. For my wedding, I wore a pantsuit (very flowy with beading, but a pantsuit nonetheless), while my wife wore the traditional white dress.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 6:41 pm

It seems that my style and interest can be typically "girly" and then more "tomboy"
In that picture I have my dark makeup, TBM shirt and also have pale purple walls and a Sailor Moon poster
I'm a little more glammed up in that picture but still have my dark lipstick and my Beanie Boos in the background
I have on a gothic-looking top, a chic Italian leather purse and a flowery phone case in that pic

...I'm a mix of both when it all boils down to it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 6:45 pm

Im very girly

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 2:35 pm

I'm somewhat in between boyish and girly in dress style. During winter, you can usually find me wearing a sweatshirt, a T-shirt, sweatpants, socks, and Vans. During summer, you will probably see me wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops (or sometimes socks and Vans).

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2019, 8:10 pm

A mixture of both.

Some days I wear dresses. Then there are days where I wear flannel and jeans. My hair is shoulder length. Narrow shoulders. Voice is feminine. I don't wear make-up. Occasionally people think I'm wearing mascara, but I just have long eyelashes. Fairly lanky body, and I don't really have any noticeable hips. I'm fairly small chested as well. Wide feet.

Feminine facial features, albeit a somewhat square face. Sometimes I got to class and I'm wearing the same outfit as a guy there. Other days I do up my hair and wear skirts/dresses/ pinafore dresses etc. Mannerisms are mixed, but lean more to the feminine side usually.

I used to be more tomboyish, but these days my style is more mixed. Wouldn't be opposed to doing drag one time for the fun of it. But I don't wear make-up in day to day life. I tend to find myself relating more to male characters, but there are some female characters that I relate to as well.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 7:02 am

I fluctuate between "more of a tomboy" and "extreme tomboy". I love wearing men's clothes and recently became obsessed with men's haircuts. I find most women's style-related stuff impractical and redundant. I used to be more girly but really can't see the value in things like makeup and skirts lately.

My interests are also more masculine, including sports and weightlifting, and I despise any type of wasteful spending.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

DemophobicKlingon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2019, 8:02 am

I'm more or less in the middle. I wouldn't describe myself as girly and dislike clothes shopping. Feminine, but not an extreme girly girl. Once when going to the mall, someone commented on how females usually love shoes/clothes shopping, but never was my favorite, I'm embarrassed to say I don't like it.

I am also not athletic and was never good at sports. Am also more or less on the quiet side, and I like to work with younger kids so I guess there's a bit of a maternal side. Even if I don't really want kids of my own.

Just kind of a nerd whose in the middle.

INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

acorneperson
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jul 2019, 1:02 pm

I have "girly" hair but don't shave my legs or armpits. I play with makeup rarely for the artistic aspect of it, and also a bit of fascination with the stuff and what people can do with it. I prefer pants over dresses or skirts. I would rather play a game of basketball than go shopping. However, I will go shopping if I need something. I think that talking about emotions is healthy. I appreciate pretty things, and sometimes these things are stereotypical and sometimes not. I dislike small-talk and excited gossip, but I also dislike talking about sports. I think that kids are necessary for the species, it's fun to watch them learn, and that babies are cute, but kids are more interesting when older, more aware, and with their own, distinct personalities.

I've always liked and disliked so much on both sides of the gender divide. Even as a little girl, I liked unicorns but also velociraptors. Yet, I was seen as an extreme tomboy as a little girl for having these sorts of preferences.

My own view is that male vs. female behavior isn't that naturally different. I've read into it heavily and watched documentaries. This is a major reason why I dislike most of the social conventions placed on both sexes. The term "tomboy" has disturbed me similarly, because it acknowledges "for boys" behaviors which seem, to me, to be rather neutral for kids of either sex.

Also, "girl" used to be able to mean "boy." I mention that, because sometimes I think of historical meanings when I know word meanings. So a part of my brain just interpreted the question as, 'Tomboy or Boyly Boy?' I can still get what you mean, but I also have that alternative meaning on my mind as well. (Including variations for meaning on tomboy, such as the name Tom.) This is a bit of an aside, but I think it's fun to think about words.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2019, 7:28 pm

I'm definitely more of a tomboy; always have been. I never quite understood makeup and fashion (other than in terms of artistic expression). I wear pretty much the same clothes every week, I enjoy lifting weights, and I have short hair (which I'm trying to grow out).