has Trump started losing his buttons? people are talking.

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

is Trump losing his mind or becoming senescent?
my god, it appears so! :o 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
nope. :| 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
insufficient data :shrug: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i'd rather just enjoy this here tasty ice cream! :chef: 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 16

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 8:57 pm

Hasn't he always been this way?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:01 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
Hasn't he always been this way?

not to the extent that he keeps beating that gold star parent up for 4 days now.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:04 pm

He has got to win. It is the most push back Trump has received. So he fights harder.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:07 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
He has got to win. It is the most push back Trump has received. So he fights harder.

he can only go so far in this fighting back. the GOP leadership is arranging an "intervention" where they will read him the riot act.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:13 pm

It appears to be the tipping point. I think he is beyond the peak in his popularity.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:14 pm

Aunt Blabby, I'd actually like to take a poll here on WP. The question would be, "How many days/weeks/months before Brother Trump throws in the towel?" I think there's way too much on his plate and he may quit as early as next week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Aunt Blabby, I'd actually like to take a poll here on WP. The question would be, "How many days/weeks/months before Brother Trump throws in the towel?" I think there's way too much on his plate and he may quit as early as next week.

my fear is if he does quit the GOP will put in somebody even worse/more extreme/atavistic. but please do complete your poll, the more the merrier. :star:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
It appears to be the tipping point. I think he is beyond the peak in his popularity.

I sure hope you're right.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:24 pm

Who's ever heard of a politician NOT kissing babies? In American politics? That's un-freaking heard of!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 9:26 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
Who's ever heard of a politician NOT kissing babies? In American politics? That's un-freaking heard of!

he's a new kinda pol, a crazy man for crazy times. :skull: these have GOT to be the end times!

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 10:41 pm

It will either be the end of Trump or the end of U.S.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 11:10 pm

I think he's discombobulating and looking for a way out, but without being able to admit it to himself. He is a classic narcissist - he cannot see himself as the "loser" of this or any other competition. So now that he's doing terribly and will likely not win, he's losing whatever mental balance he once had. He's desperate enough to start pre-blaming his future failure on the election - which has not yet happened - being "rigged" against him.

If my guess is right, I expect him to become more and more unstable.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 11:34 pm

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken

there is a thing called "the peter principle" which states that in any hierarchical organization [society, profession et al] a person will rise through the different achievement levels until s/he reaches their level of maximum effectiveness, above which level they become incompetent. we may be seeing such a scenario play out. the fate of America rests in the balance.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 12:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken

there is a thing called "the peter principle" which states that in any hierarchical organization [society, profession et al] a person will rise through the different achievement levels until s/he reaches their level of maximum effectiveness, above which level they become incompetent. we may be seeing such a scenario play out. the fate of America rests in the balance.

IIR the Peter Principle is even more specific - its the observation that in an organizational hierarchy an individual will rise until they reach their level of incompetence. In other words, they'll be promoted past the point of their greatest efficiency and effectiveness to the organization. Then they'll simply stagnate as they will be at a level or position where they cannot compete. Its based on the strange, false assumption in business that there is no inherent difference between, say, an excellent engineer and an excellent middle manager.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 12:32 am

in any case, what is happening now makes me think that no novelist could conceive of such a wild scenario as what is happening now. real life is stranger than any fiction.