What do you would feel if you find that you school....

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:18 am

What you would think if you would find that you school was in the past gestapo torture chamber/ and later was used by NKVD for the same propose?

Recently I watched a program about how historians working for our Polish Institute of National Remembrance, established that one of the schools served before the war as the Precinct Polish police state (police)during the war was the seat of the Gestapo and Kripo (I do not know what it is the latter)

After the war was over by the NKVD and later by the UB (Office of Security - the communist secret police in Poland) and at the end of 50 years has left the building. and moved to new premises and the building on the ground that it was quite big was converted to a public school, now located there are two schools of middle school and high school, historians from Institute of National Remembrance agreed that the room that houses the changing rooms for both schools served as block prison and an execution room where the torturers of the NKVD / UB murdered Polish patriots so called. Katyn shot, or shot from a handgun in the back of the head.
Reporters talked with one student, one of the kids said that they always thought that this "concentration camp" but he never thought that it was for real a torture chamber, that school building look grim, even though most of kids like this school and he always feel afraid when he enter school basement where changing rooms and lockers are.

(By the way I wonder if subconsciously you can a sense that in a given place were some tragic events that somebody murdered in a given location.)

The boy said that he thinks to talk about this with your history teacher, so he persuaded the headmaster to changing moved to another room and in this room, arrange the memorial hall dedicated to Jews and Poles killed by gestapo during Nazi occupation and victim of NKVD and UB which were tortured there respectively

There was also other case, where hospital was created on place which was used by Gestapo and communist used as their black site in the past.
Those historians looking for places like this which was used to kill patriotic Polish people.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:20 am

That was over 70 years ago.

Maybe they should have condemned the building, and built a new one in its place.

But as long as it's functioning as a school, I don't see anything wrong with it. Except if some people are, somehow, using a building as a symbol of something Nazi.

Yeah...they should have just rebuilt the building, like they did with that school where Lanza went on his rampage.

The building didn't kill people.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:48 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That was over 70 years ago.

Maybe they should have condemned the building, and built a new one in its place.

But as long as it's functioning as a school, I don't see anything wrong with it. Except if some people are, somehow, using a building as a symbol of something Nazi.

Yeah...they should have just rebuilt the building, like they did with that school where Lanza went on his rampage.

The building didn't kill people.

rebuilt?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 10:52 am

If the Allies took over, and destroyed the previous building, what would be wrong with erecting a new building on the site--a building which serves as a school?

The ground where the buildings were/are built didn't kill all those people.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Aug 2016, 10:56 am

It is disturbing, there are kind of mixed feelings about it as I think it is important to preserve that is historically significant and I do feel their value in acknowledging history and keeping the memory of the victims of these terrible crimes alive. I am not sure how appropriate it is to have a school be there but kraftie is right that the building didn't kill anybody but rather the evil men that occupied your country did. Would be spooky sort of, I do feel like these places do give off weird vibes. Brings to mind a scene from from the movie The Sixth Sense when the child is at school.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 11:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If the Allies took over, and destroyed the previous building, what would be wrong with erecting a new building on the site--a building which serves as a school?

The ground where the buildings were/are built didn't kill all those people.

This evil people murdered these people, not the building, the building was the only the building, it building in which took a lot of bad stuff has been converted into a positive thing, that is, schools

I think that this was done because it was cheaper to adapt an old building than to build a new building for the school.

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

04 Aug 2016, 11:07 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
...and Kripo (I do not know what it is the latter...

Kripo means "Kriminalpolizei" and is a department within the german police (still today) with the only purpose of crime solving. For international standarts, they are basicly the detectives of the german police...

Peace
TK

Last edited by Tiankay on 04 Aug 2016, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 11:10 am

Jacoby wrote:
It is disturbing, there are kind of mixed feelings about it as I think it is important to preserve that is historically significant and I do feel their value in acknowledging history and keeping the memory of the victims of these terrible crimes alive. I am not sure how appropriate it is to have a school be there but kraftie is right that the building didn't kill anybody but rather the evil men that occupied your country did. Would be spooky sort of, I do feel like these places do give off weird vibes. Brings to mind a scene from from the movie The Sixth Sense when the child is at school.

I have not watched this film, but I wonder if we feel any negative energy from places where something happened very, very tragic
Paradoxically, when I think about it I am reminded of a quote from Obi Wan Kenobi

I wonder whether such paranormal phenomena possible?

I remember an interview with a student from the school, he said that in the school locker room, always felt some negative feelings, anxiety etc. That now thinks that it is through these people who were murdered there, he would try would persuade the teachers' council and student council to transfer the locker room, to another room.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 11:11 am

Tiankay wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
...and Kripo (I do not know what it is the latter...

Kripo means "Kriminalpolizei" and is a department within the german police (still today) with the only purpose of crime solving. A "Kripo-Beamter" is basicly a detective...

Peace
TK

Does Kripo was bad guys?

Tiankay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: 3rd Street on the right, just after the event horizon...

04 Aug 2016, 11:15 am

Some individuals probably were, but unlike GeStaPo, it was never a nazi-organisation. The german KriPo exists since the early 18xx years. Austria and Switzerland also have their own KriPo units. Its just a special department in the regular police force, nothing more...

Peace
TK