Why do introverts think everyone's an introvert?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 3:39 pm

Outrider wrote:
I agree.

Introverts do recognize the majority of the population are Extraverted, but I've come across introverts who are particularly intruding and aggressive in trying to convince someone slightly introverted or someone who seems introverted (but is actually not) that they are also an introvert, and to not be 'ashamed' of it and to 'embrace' it.

I do not get along with, relate to, or understand the vast majority of introverts at all, how they think, or why they are the way they are. Therefore, I am not an introvert.

Same thing with Extraverts.

For I am a balance of both.

But some of the introverts I've come across suggest because I spend all my time indoors (because I have no reason to go out), and because I don't spend much time with friends (because they all live too far away to visit often, and some introverts then claim I only have 'online friends' when I have none, and it's friends I met in real life first), and because of my anxiety due to Aspergers, I am an 'introvert'.

Introversion and Extraversian are both attitudes, not lifestyles.

There can be an extravert with no friends suffering from severe depression so he never goes out to bars or outdoors stuff because he has no motivation, and there can be an introvert with lots of friends who goes out to bars and parties every weekend but feels very drained and mentally exhausted afterwards so he spends the rest of his week just at work and home.

More people need to recognize things like this instead of making generalizations.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same experience. It seems like a lot of introverts blame all their social issues on introversion and believe anyone who struggles socially must be some kind of introvert.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 7:12 pm

Must be a generational thing.

I rarely encounter folks talking about introversion/extroversion outside of a shrinks office.

Have never encountered an introvert who acted as a missionary for introversion.