05 Aug 2016, 7:34 pm

http://wpo.st/Qljq1

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 12:55 am

justkillingtime wrote:
http://wpo.st/Qljq1

Michael Morell is being far too kind to Trump in stating that Trump is an unwitting agent of Putin. Trump has been associated with Russia all the way back from the Soviet days and Trump has consciously cultivated Russian support, especially from Putin.

The importance of Morell's endorsement of Hillary cannot be underestimated. A Bush appointee to the CIA who became acting director under Obama, Morell commands respect from both sides of the aisle. This latest defeat is another major setback for Trump in a week in which Trump has made a complete fool of himself with attacks on a Gold Star family, his full support for Putin's invasion of Crimea and Russian occupation troops in the Ukraine, and (of course) Trump's kicking out a baby.

BTW, the Morell NYT opinion piece is here:

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I’m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.

Some quotes from Morell's article:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump is not only unqualified for the job, but he may well pose a threat to our national security.

and

Quote:
Mr. Trump has no experience on national security. Even more important, the character traits he has exhibited during the primary season suggest he would be a poor, even dangerous, commander in chief.

These traits include his obvious need for self-aggrandizement, his overreaction to perceived slights, his tendency to make decisions based on intuition, his refusal to change his views based on new information, his routine carelessness with the facts, his unwillingness to listen to others and his lack of respect for the rule of law.

and

Quote:
Mr. Putin is a great leader, Mr. Trump says, ignoring that he has killed and jailed journalists and political opponents, has invaded two of his neighbors and is driving his economy to ruin. Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests — endorsing Russian espionage against the United States, supporting Russia’s annexation of Crimea and giving a green light to a possible Russian invasion of the Baltic States.

Last edited by thoughtbeast on 06 Aug 2016, 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 12:56 am

the rump thinks he is crazy like a fox. I believe he is half-right.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the rump thinks he is crazy like a fox. I believe he is half-right.

You're right.

20 absurd headlines from Trump's week

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 8:06 pm

Calling Trump an unwitting agent of the Russian strongman Putin, and how Putin is able to pull this off with his training in intelligence work, is very significant coming from another spymaster like Morell.