Given the likelihood that Hillary will lose the Election

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 9:58 am

I am thankful that Donald Trump is the Republican nominee.

To me the real nightmare would be if someone like Scott Walker or Ted Cruz were the nominee. Either would most likely sweep the Electoral College, then radically reshape the Federal government according to Tea Party doctrine, with Congress rubber-stamping every executive decree.

A genuine tyranny for anybody not in complete agreement with the Tea Party.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Aug 2016, 10:08 am

Scott Walker isn't as bad as Ted Cruz, I think we should all be grateful that great rat of Texas has been vanquished however. Hillary is such a bad candidate that she might of actually gave that freak a chance at winning.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 10:20 am

Jacoby wrote:
Scott Walker isn't as bad as Ted Cruz, I think we should all be grateful that great rat of Texas has been vanquished however. Hillary is such a bad candidate that she might of actually gave that freak a chance at winning.
If for sake of convenience, if you roughly divide the Republican party into Teabaggers, "Establishment" Republicans, NeoCons, and RINOs, the only Republicans with any actual enthusiasm for Trump would probably be the RINOs. The remaining Republicans will probably only make the effort to vote in order to vote against Hillary or to vote for their preferred congressional candidates. In fact, some may even vote for Hillary.

So how does replacing Trump with Walker or Cruz in the current election affect the math? This is a serious (not leading) question.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Aug 2016, 10:42 am

Trump has the support of the Republican base, everyone else are just opportunists and or irrelevant dissident ideologues. People will vote against Hillary, they will vote for Trump, I am not worried about this. Bill Kristol is a total loser and doesn't control any bloc of the Republican electorate.

Walker or Cruz could of won because Hillary is a very very weak candidate that doesn't elicit any passion from anybody, neither are what you'd call likable but you don't have to be to win against Hillary.

Trump will defeat Hillary, the media blew their wad this past weak and now polls are narrowing once again and the time the debates come around I am confident that Trump will wipe the floor with Hillary and take the election. Tantrums by the media will not decide this election.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Tantrums by the media will not decide this election.

Tantrums in the media might, and those seem to be Loser Donald's specialty.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

John 35 Alabama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2016, 9:17 pm

The recent FBI thing about the emails..? That's just hearsay right?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Aug 2016, 4:41 pm

I don't think it's likely that Hillary will lose. She's the second most hated major nominee in the last 32 years, narrowly beating Bush in 2004. However, she's up against the most hated major nominee in that period - Donald Trump. On average, 53% of registered voters hold a "strongly unfavourable" view of Trump, compared to 37% for Clinton. And that's from April, before Trump started insulting the families of dead soldiers. There are also more people with a "strongly favourable" view of Clinton (about 17%) than there are for Trump (13%).

Scott Walker would put on a good front but he was such a dreadful governor that he'd quickly have lost credibility. Rubio was decapitated by Chris Christie and was a dead duck from then on in. Cruz's only advantage over Trump is his relatively low profile.

The only GOP contender who had a good chance of beating Clinton was John Kasich. The others were either bad politicians, bad people, or both.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 6:46 pm

John 35 Alabama wrote:
The recent FBI thing about the emails..? That's just hearsay right?

Hillary was given a free pass. She will not be indicted for anything...

John 35 Alabama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2016, 6:19 pm

I guess just bury our heads in entertainment and try to ignore all this. I honestly don't know why I'm voting, but myself and most of my family have been moved over to the Trump side.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 7:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump didn't last the month.

John 35 Alabama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2016, 7:54 am

I can just see it. Trump will stay in the lead the whole time, he will get more votes in every poll. Then the final numbers come in, and welcome to Hillaromics. I'm happy for Chelsea though!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 7:55 am

Hillary will win because she will win most of the states with the highest quantity of Electoral votes.

John 35 Alabama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2016, 8:10 am

I even saw her on TV saying "I will put coal-miners out of work!"
What was that all about?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 8:16 am

I doubt she was that stupid.

Just like with anything political, you have to read the entirety of the statement.

Spin doctoring and cherry picking happen all the time in politics.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 8:34 am

Hillary is very likely to win. But MaxE has a point. As horrible as Donald Trump is, it could always be worse. Ted Cruz for instance. At least Donald doesn't have an ideology. At least he's not a religious fanatic that would implement Christian sharia.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 8:45 am

Is that necessarily worse than Trump sharia? If he introduces whipping the instrument will have his name... in gold, of course.