What does it mean when you can't get answers from experts?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 9:18 pm

I've been asking questions about a study I've read to experts in the field, asking what they think of this study, is it valid, etc., but I never really seem to get a response.

What are some reasons why they might be doing this?

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 1:55 am

Possibilities I can think of:

They have never heard of the study.
They have heard of the study but aren't familiar with it.
They don't understand your questions.
They don't have time or don't want to look for/read the study and/or answer your questions.
Something about the study or the subject of the study makes them uncomfortable.

Love transcends all.

RabidFox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2016, 12:12 pm

Could you elaborate on this study and these experts? I'm not sure how to give you advice if I don't know the details.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 12:17 pm

They may be reluctant to comment because it just like the situation of a clever lawyer asking leading questions--the answers obtained often have more to do with what the lawyer wants to hear than what is actually written in the study. You find fact twisting and outright lying in more places than just politics these days.

It can also be frustrating for a busy individual to try to correct numerous errors and misconceptions--even if you have the time and patience to do so, it is often the case that the person being helped is not appreciative of the effort.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Is this a life and death medical question to save your mom's life?

Or is it some academic question like that "did Attila the Hun found the British Monarchy?" question of your's, or something related to that?