Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 12:03 am

Please close my account here. I no longer want to participate on this forum.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 3:37 am

I'm sorry to read this Dianthus.
Thank you for explaining many things through your posts, the sharing of information helped me at a significant point in time, I wish you well in life, take care :heart: .

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 8:21 am

This is a shock; dianthus you would be very much missed if you left. I'd hate to see you leave. I respect that if you want to you must. Just very sad.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 8:35 am

Read this:

viewtopic.php?t=204272

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 12:30 pm

no :( Please don't go. I liked your posts.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:

Ok...is there a problem with closing my account? Could you please close it?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 12:46 pm

We can only ban accounts, not close them.

Do you wish to be banned?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 1:08 pm

No, I don't want to be banned. I just want my account to be closed. On the page you linked it says:

"Can I close my account?

Yes. Contact a moderator via PM and ask for your account to be closed and you will no longer be able to login to the site. Please be aware however that none of your posts will be removed."

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Aug 2016, 1:59 pm

dianthus wrote:
No, I don't want to be banned. I just want my account to be closed. On the page you linked it says:

"Can I close my account?

Yes. Contact a moderator via PM and ask for your account to be closed and you will no longer be able to login to the site. Please be aware however that none of your posts will be removed."

that's the same as being banned though. Why do you want your account closed?

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 2:13 pm

Ok, then go ahead and ban me.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Aug 2016, 2:26 pm

dianthus wrote:
Ok, then go ahead and ban me.

Do you have a reason? Would hate to see you go. . .

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 2:47 pm

Me too, I would hate to see you go, and many here seem to feel the same way. You're one of the most popular, decent and respected people here. You're such a great member. Please don't go dianthus.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 3:28 pm

I suppose if nothing else, many strangers appreciate you as you are, I think that's a rarity in life.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 6:56 pm

I really appreciate all your kind words. I've been having a rough time lately. Sometimes it just makes me feel even more depressed to post here. I would really miss you all if I left. Maybe I just need to take a break from here for a little while.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 7:15 pm

Quote:
Sometimes it just makes me feel even more depressed to post here.
I can relate to that; at times this place has caused me more stress than a feeling of safety, more depression than support or comfort. There have been things happen here that seriously upset me and I had to take a break. I didn't want to be here, it had become toxic to me personally because of certain things that took place. Other times though, it has been a more positive experience.

A break might be what you need, rather than a complete severing of ties. You might just keep your account open but feel free not to come here until or unless you feel a bit more renewed by the break. I think it's good to take a break, step back a bit.

I hope you keep your account. You would be missed if you left entirely. You must do what you need to do to take care of yourself, but I'm hoping that's just a break and not losing you completely.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 3:58 am

Taking a break can make a very big difference. I am glad that you are here Dianthus and WP is all the better for that, so I hope you choose to remain.