what was this conversation about?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 May 2007, 6:25 pm

i just bought beer from this conviance store, a six pack. when the clerk an older lady said this to me.

me: drops my beer down, hands her my id.

clerk: good idea

me: yeah its either this or im just here buying beer or something?

clerk: ahuh. *looks* after 5 f-ing minutes of holding my id and looking at me she finally decides to sell me the beer.

"have a girl over?"

???????????????????

Uhhhhhhh, does anyone knew what she ment? am i a lightweight? why would selling me beer mean i have a girl over?????

im a seasoned alcoholic! Argh!! !! !!

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

06 May 2007, 6:52 pm

I think she was enquiring if you're girlfriend was coming round and you were going to drink beer together.

But she sounds odd to me!

zombie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 7:20 pm

Smelena wrote:
I think she was enquiring if you're girlfriend was coming round and you were going to drink beer together.

But she sounds odd to me!

Thats what i would have thought, maybe she is a zombie :D :D naaaaa just kidding.

Donate to the Help make a Film Foundation
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 7:38 pm

may be she was trying to chat you up and was hanging on to the id cause she liked the picture....
:D

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2007, 7:39 pm

LOL There is a man working in my local store , he has learned to be polite , but its a forced polite , not like normal conversations would run.
every week when i went there it would be the same.

man :good morning madam , how are you today
me : fine thanks
man : how are the children have they been good for you today ?
me: yes
man : is this choclate for them ? do you want me to give it to them
me : no thank you its for after dinner
man : ahh ok dont want to spoil there apetite do we.

same conversation , every week for years , I think he has created a conversation for each customer that he recites by rote . If i am not buying enough stuff that hes already finished ringing it up and not finished all his questions , he looks panniced and slows my leaving down by hanging on to the bag until hes finished going through his questions

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 May 2007, 7:42 pm

thanks, but no thanks. she was like a grandma. thats not hot! this ALWAYS happens to me at the conviance stores, store clerks hassle me son and it annoys me! does it take a special breed to be a store clerk? i shouldnt think so since all they have to do is work a big calculator! :?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 8:47 pm

richardbenson wrote:
thanks, but no thanks. she was like a grandma. thats not hot! this ALWAYS happens to me at the conviance stores, store clerks hassle me son and it annoys me! does it take a special breed to be a store clerk? i shouldnt think so since all they have to do is work a big calculator! :?

When I worked 3rd shift at a gas station, I never did this, then again, I really never said much to customers other than the obligatory greetings/thank you's pertaining to sales, unless I was asked other things. The only time I would say anything to somebody buying beer is if they looked underaged, or if they were visibly drunk. --I know laws vary from state to state, but in many states, if not all states, it's actually illegal to sell alcohol to people who are noticeably intoxicated.

Still though, I have no idea of why the clerk said that to you, and held your ID for such a long time.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 May 2007, 9:05 pm

i dont think i look underaged. i know everyone cards under 30 here in my state but im 26! why are they so worried about money is what im thinking, is it not real? not worth anything?????????????

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 5:45 am

Maybe the lady had been told by her boss to try and indulge in small talk with customers,but
didn't make a very good job of it ! Can't think of any other logical reason for her strange question as it's really none of her business why you are buying the beer.

One of my local stores began a policy recently of asking every customer at the check out
'Did you find what you were looking for '? As there was a queue of customers standing,some of them just started to giggle as they knew the question was coming. The store seems to have stopped asking now

Racer_J
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2007, 6:40 am

You're lucky you didn't come to the gas station where I work. The beer is cheap, but the lady I work with every day is absolutely nuts, and probably the most disturbing/obnoxious person I've ever been around. Talks to her self all night long, cusses like a sailor and calls inanimate objects pretty strange names (george? meat-head? where does she come up with this stuff?). Very mean and inconsiderate to EVERYBODY, and you should hear the crazy stories she makes up! Doesn't help that she's so wacked out that she forgets the stories she tells and tells you the same story the next night (or even later in the same night), but with some extra bull thrown in. Usually it ends when she goes to the road and flags a cop down, and the cop is always on her side(in fact, she once told me a story about how she lived in a house in "florida...no, north carolina!" where she had a cop as a neighbor on all 4 sides of her house :roll: ). She often punches somebody in front of said cop. And most of her little stories involve somebody of color so she can make some racist comments about them, which really bothers me. Unfortunately, i usually just ignore her and chuckle at her stories instead of saying what I really think, but I do have to work with the woman.

As bad as it is for me, I still pity all the poor customers who walk to her register, other than the old rednecks who are trying to score with the disgusting hag.

The first day I ever saw the woman, it was 4pm and she was still at work 2 hours after her shift ended, just sitting in the benches at the back of the store... I was stocking oil in the back and heard her say something, looked over, and she was just looking out the window carrying on a conversation with her self. No, she doesn't have a hands-free phone. After this, I found out she was fired from her last job for sexual harassment. That same day I wrote my manager a note saying "please don't work me with that woman, she scares me!" and I've been working with her 5-6 days every week since. So for the first time in my life, my conscience doesn't bother me at all for all the stuff I do that I shouldn't when I'm at work :lol:

On the other hand, if you come to my register I'll be brief but very polite, and if you catch me on a good night I might let you out with a free cup of coffee :wink: I won't try to make you stick around and BS unless you have a motorcycle.

I'm such an as*hole for saying all this stuff about this lady behind her back, but everybody I work with (and 99% of the customers) feel the same way and talk about her. Actually, I'm pretty sure she's the as*hole. She must really be a character for me to have just spent 10 minutes making a post about her.

And those cashiers like the one natty mentioned are really creepy :?

(to any law enforcement folks, the word "cop" is one I usually avoid, but it's just so much shorter than "officer" :lol: )