Should I apologize to him or let it go?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 1:44 am

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
We've known each other for 6 years and have met in person countless times.I've also met his family.However,he has been wanting to skype with me for the last couple days but we couldn't because of schedule confiction.I finally I told him that I can stay up late last night since I'm off the next day,which is today.He said 'sure sounds good, looking forward to talk to you''.So last night I stayed up the whole night for him.I even texted asking what time he's getting off work but he never responded.I stayed up until 12:30 am until I got too tired and went to bed.I wake this morning ..still no text from him,Then he just texted me and said'he got busy with work.

I was bothered by this so I sent him several messages telling him that it was disrespectful for him to blew me off like like that.He responded and said "okay,I'm sorry ! geez,your'e over reacting.

This irritated me so I sent him more messages to my own defense ,telling him again how wrong it was of him then I said i'll let it slide and if he wasn't to talk then he'll have to come to me and show me that he's willing to make effort.He responded and said"Okay,I'm done !Cya!(I didn't even read all that)Please don't talk to me anymore' 'I then said why are being such a jerk? I didn't do anything to warrant such hostility! Then he was I didn't know that you were going to be so crazy.

Was I wrong ?Did I over react?should I apologize?

You were not overreacting by being upset that he stood you up but you did over react by sending so many messages and not dropping the issue when he apologized.

You only need one message to tell him you are upset that he stood you up. Maybe you should ask yourself what you expected to gain by sending so many. After a person apologizes there really isn't much else they can do when they have angered someone. They are kind of at your mercy in a sense.