Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kavya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2016, 5:08 am

actualy i have difficulty understanding affection and love..but now i try to get clarification

kavya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2016, 5:11 am

You u have a lot of rare interests and hobbies and when the other person wont shareit with u ..then u feel alone

yourkiddingme3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2016, 8:07 am

BirdinFlight: Your experience exactly describes my own. It wasn't until I took early retirement and stopped supporting the family that the marriage collapsed. At that point, my ex somehow "forgot" the deal we had that he was to get the "job with benefits" outside the home when I turned 50 and retired from corporate law to write.

OP: What does your friend do for fun? Does she have an avocation? Can you shoo her out of the house by encouraging her in those activities?

I always felt that it was much more stimulating for each person to have their own interests that they pursued independently, as well as some shared interests. FREX, my ex and I both loved philosophy and science fiction, while I was obsessed with horses and he with airplanes.

alex
Developer
Developer

30 Aug 2016, 8:10 am

Having a large space to share can certainly be helpful. It's a lot easier when 2 of you share a 3 story house compared to sharing a tiny apartment.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 8:26 am

alex wrote:
Having a large space to share can certainly be helpful. It's a lot easier when 2 of you share a 3 story house compared to sharing a tiny apartment.

When I lived in a tiny apartment, I used to like public spaces where I could be close to alone. There is a public garden at a church in the West Village, for example, where I spent many hours alone. Or parts of the Metropolitan Museum, like the Temple of Dendur or the Chinese garden, at certain times. Also, certain libraries and bookstores.

It's good to have places of refuge out in the world if things are tight at home. The best thing is to have a study at a home where you can retreat when you need to.

kavya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2016, 9:13 am

if both of them are autistic,its better for them to have separate rooms whenever they face meltdowns