Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 8:52 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
Cockney ryhming slang ...

Cockneyrebel is me old china plate - rymes with mate. She is "me mate" (friend).

Merchant Banker, ryhmes with wanker.

oh, I didn't know women were called 'mates' and if I didn't have naughty English friends I would not understand what 'wanker' meant .

we just say 'jerk off'

Merle

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 10:20 am

I never mention drugs, of any type. I do enjoy comparing stories, so I'll mention liquor, but for some reason people freak out when I mention drugs. Seems very taboo.

lostartist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2007, 2:26 pm

aylissa wrote:
As a nurse, I forget that some people don't like it when you talk about things like the fattest woman I've inserted a Foley catheter in, especially at dinner or cocktail parties.

:lol: It's appropriate if I am at the party. I'll tell you the amazing amount of junk I witnessed cleaned out of a person's bellybutton.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 3:15 pm

Just their bellybutton ???????

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2007, 5:17 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I never mention drugs, of any type. I do enjoy comparing stories, so I'll mention liquor, but for some reason people freak out when I mention drugs. Seems very taboo.

Interesting,I was including alcohol in my definition of "drugs".I guess these things are a matter of semantics,to a degree.I know some people who love to share their drinking stories,but leave it at the most base level("I was sooooo drunk/wasted/other",etc.).I think:if it was such a noteworthy time that it's worth sharing don't trivialize it,give us a technicolor yarn.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 4:23 am

richard cranium

I had to have that one explianed to me. Guy saw a band in germany that had that handle and mentioned them to me.

Taboo? What's that? Show me one and I'll probably want to break it. Or at least get the pleasure of doing it in my head. Have to do that more now, not as young as I once was. Talking about them in public, no problem there.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 1:52 pm

I didn't know nurses cleaned out bellybuttons. I thought I was the only one that cleaned their belly button. Always found it pleasurable. Uh erm oh we're not suppose to talk about that are we?

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2007, 2:51 pm

Ticker wrote:
I didn't know nurses cleaned out bellybuttons. I thought I was the only one that cleaned their belly button. Always found it pleasurable. Uh erm oh we're not suppose to talk about that are we?

ahaha :lol:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 3:11 pm

methinks wrote:
Ticker wrote:

ahaha :lol:

Oops I got this confused with the Confessions thread!

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 4:16 pm

I am American, and got the "merchant banker" meaning.

But then, I am strange,

But then, I am an aspie.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 6:03 pm

Ticker wrote:

Lol, let's keep them in the dark about what we would talk about over lunch. And then find it funny, then they would think us stranger in an even strange land. :wink:

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2007, 7:02 pm

My best friend has been claiming not to be an aspie, but she's finally admitting it would explain a lot about her. I think she's more obviously an aspie than I am. She's extremely inappropriate. MUCH worse than I am, and I thought I was bad. She talks about vaginas constantly. Like actual intellectual converstation about vaginas and giving birth, yes, but she also will do things like yell at her kids at the park "You came out of my vagina, .... (insert something, could be a loving thing. like "I love you so much" or it could be something like "so "that's why you should listen to me.") Even *I* know yelling at your kids in a public place about how they came out of your vagina is inappropriate. ROFL! I never really thought about it, but I guess vaginas are her "special interest." LOL

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 7:50 pm

lol - I know a lot of men who would have a special interest in vaginas too :lol:

but that's an aside.

Ticker wrote:
... cleaning belly-buttons

I bet that's a real conversation stopper. But into a conversation and say, "my belly button lint is always blue" and see what happens to the conversation :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 8:20 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
I bet that's a real conversation stopper. But into a conversation and say, "my belly button lint is always blue" and see what happens to the conversation :lol:

I manage to pull s**t like that.
Just saying what's on my mind.
I guess those that stick around
get kinda used to it. But, I do
get some pretty funny looks
from those who aren't familiar.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 8:44 pm

calandale wrote:
But, I do
get some pretty funny looks
from those who aren't familiar.

or when we're talkin too loud @ aroma? lol

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 9:56 pm

I learned to keep quiet about my hobbies (because its all weird stuff for females to like) plus never discuss religion, race, ethnicity even of one's own self, sex, dating, or my entire family because they're all weird and my sensitivies and obsessions with texture. Also never good to discuss the body or bodily functions among NT's.

So the only safe topics are tv, movies, books, travel, cars, the weather or the latest news.

However I would like to discuss HERE how I once came across a website of someone who collected belly button lint. They had different containers of different color lint. I wonder if they were Aspie? Could it be someone here? And I still want to know if nurses really clean belly buttons? Should one ask to have their navel cleaned routinely like some people get their ears flushed out at the doctor? :wink: