Physical response and experience to acute and chronic pain

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 8:12 pm

Thank you, I'll look into it. Pain has been a big part of my life for years now. Since I retired l've been able to workout gently and progressively and that has really paid off. But I'm getting tired of mainstream meds. They all have a downside.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
Thank you, I'll look into it. Pain has been a big part of my life for years now. Since I retired l've been able to workout gently and progressively and that has really paid off. But I'm getting tired of mainstream meds. They all have a downside.

I found the cheapest ones are apres-flex and nutradosha. they both enable me to cut down my other meds [ibuprofen and Tylenol], take one of each morning and evening.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

I found the cheapest ones are apres-flex and nutradosha. they both enable me to cut down my other meds [ibuprofen and Tylenol], take one of each morning and evening.

There are warning labels about safety risks if you do this long-term. My friend took Naproxen for a couple of years and now can't take it ever again, due to liver issues.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

DataB4 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:

There are warning labels about safety risks if you do this long-term. My friend took Naproxen for a couple of years and now can't take it ever again, due to liver issues.

advil is safer as long as you keep your liver load low [avoid diets that contribute to fatty liver, avoid alcohol and other toxins, avoid obesity, keep doses small as possible, NEVER take on empty stomach]. I've taken NSAIDs for decades and am still here with my liver. :mrgreen: [god-willing]