Hi all! London Aspie Film-maker/screenwriter here

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AspieFilmMaker
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm a 30 yr old Aspie here. To cut a long story short, I had suffered increasing levels of social phobia and extreme anxiety in my teens but wasn't actually diagnosed as having Asperger's Syndrome until I was 24. My life took a huge downward turn owing to this. I am academically very successful and was able to put on a mask in my teens but as I grew older, the strain of it all weighed down on me.

Panic attacks and huge levels of fear are an every day experience for me and have been since I was 13. It has limited me from having a full time job as I cannot cope with being around others for too long. It also led me to try to take my own life at one point, generated problems between me and my family, issues with the police & others. Almost ten years ago, I began smoking cannabis every single day to ease the pain and though it did help every now and then, it became and still is a bad habit.

I don't know how typical this is within mental health problems but I seem to suffer from a whole complex mix of conditions with Aspergers being the root of it all. They are: Narcissistic personality disorder, Dysthymia, Strong OCD, IBS, maladaptive daydream disorder & hypersensitivity in general.

Depression has been a hugely prevalent part of my life since my mid-teens. In fact, whenever someone mentions depression, I just think of it as a normal part of me that I have become accustomed to. I pretty much suffer from conditions that make up an entire psychiatrist's bookshelf! I don't know how it is possible that one person can be afflicted with so many things but I am.

Anyway, onwards to more positive things :D

I am hugely determined now as a 30 year old to set my life on the right path. My dream in life from age 11 was to direct my own film. Earlier this year, I set a goal to write and direct a film by 2019. It is about the strain of a character who suffers from Asperger's but must hide it from others around her. I am on my 2nd draft (157 pages long!) and I am HUGELY confident that this unique plot along with my vision will make it a tremendous success. Every now and then however, I do have to keep reminding myself to stay positive :D Anyway, I hope I can make new friends on here and learn new things!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 2:27 pm

Hey AspieFilmMaker welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 5:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D