Milwaukee riots after police shooting

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 11:46 am

Riots Follow Fatal Police Shooting In Milwaukee - NPR

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 12:07 pm

NPR wrote:
...they didn't think the protesters involved in the melee here were from the community.

As usual.....

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 1:00 pm

I hate how some news stories on this are calling them "violent protesters", when its clear its just some stupid thugs that want to cause trouble. When I think of a protest- I think of people with signs. Not people that just loot, steal and destroy.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 3:49 pm

National Guard activated after Milwaukee riot over suspect's death

Quote:
The name of the officer who shot Smith was not released but Flynn said he was black. Photos in local media identified Smith as also being African-American.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 6:37 pm

Community suffers 6 homicides
police kill 1 man wielding stolen firearm
people go crazy over that police killing, and loot and burn down local businesses and lynch white people in the street

We're clearly dealing with geniuses here.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 7:24 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Community suffers 6 homicides
police kill 1 man wielding stolen firearm
people go crazy over that police killing, and loot and burn down local businesses and lynch white people in the street

We're clearly dealing with geniuses here.

What white people have been lynched?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

I saw two beaten up live on air (because they were white). They were chanting black power here.

I also saw the looters say to go after/beat the white people at another area.

I'm sure it's on YouTube.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I saw two beaten up live on air (because they were white). They were chanting black power here.

I also saw the looters say to go after/beat the white people at another area.

I'm sure it's on YouTube.

As I understand the word "lynch," it means that someone has been killed by mob violence, not just roughed up.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 8:01 pm

Definitions, I guess.

They intended to inflict serious bodily harm on people solely based on their race, so I guess "hate crime" would be the better term.

It was clear that if you were white, and didn't have the means to escape, you probably would have been killed or seriously injured.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 8:22 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Definitions, I guess.

They intended to inflict serious bodily harm on people solely based on their race, so I guess "hate crime" would be the better term.

It was clear that if you were white, and didn't have the means to escape, you probably would have been killed or seriously injured.

That's a good possibility.
Justifiable rage stops being justifiable when innocent people are hurt out of hate and bigotry.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 8:42 pm

The officer that shot him is black.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 10:28 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
The officer that shot him is black.

Well in that case, it's all good. OK everybody stop rioting, it was a black cop who killed him. Everything is fine. Go back home. :roll:

I also love the justification that six people were killed not by cops. So whats wrong with the cops killing another one. The cops just want to get in on the killing too. :roll:

Last edited by 0regonGuy on 15 Aug 2016, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 12:37 am

0regonGuy wrote:
I also love the justification that six people were killed not by cops. So whats wrong with the cops killing another one. The cops just want to ket in on the killing too. :roll:

The implication is that they should by logic, riot over the homicides in their own community too. It shows that they have bias here (the ones destroying their own home that is; I'm sure there's plenty of people in that community that think the rioters are stupid). Perspective is a good thing to have.

As of now, there's no evidence to say the police shooting was a murder. So, there's no actual reason to call for vigilantism yet. Not to mention looting and burning down businesses that have nothing to do with the officer in the shooting, has zero justification.

To me, it just looks like some thugs jumped onto a reason to loot, assault and commit arson.

BLM, with its faults, has some good intentions. That wasn't BLM.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 1:30 am

Dillogic wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
I also love the justification that six people were killed not by cops. So whats wrong with the cops killing another one. The cops just want to ket in on the killing too. :roll:

The implication is that they should by logic, riot over the homicides in their own community too. It shows that they have bias here (the ones destroying their own home that is; I'm sure there's plenty of people in that community that think the rioters are stupid). Perspective is a good thing to have.

As of now, there's no evidence to say the police shooting was a murder. So, there's no actual reason to call for vigilantism yet. Not to mention looting and burning down businesses that have nothing to do with the officer in the shooting, has zero justification.

To me, it just looks like some thugs jumped onto a reason to loot, assault and commit arson.

BLM, with its faults, has some good intentions. That wasn't BLM.

They need to do a lot more then just rioting. We need a revolution in this country, to get our constitutional rights back and make the police stop pulling people over for dumb reasons, searching people's cars without warrants, and even executing people without trials.

As far as there being no evidence the police shooting was a murder, that's because we only have the police version of what happened, and the police lie more often then they tell the truth. When was the last time the police came out and said, "yep we murdered the guy."? It happens but only when there is video evidence, and even then they still lie about it. The police have zero credibility. There is no reason to believe them now.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 4:33 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
NPR wrote:
...they didn't think the protesters involved in the melee here were from the community.

As usual.....

George Soros payed for the busing tickets.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 8:19 am

AntDog wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
NPR wrote:

As usual.....

George Soros payed for the busing tickets.

I wouldn't doubt it. He's always doin' stuff like this----another narcissist at his finest, saying: "Hey, look at me; here's me, championing a cause!"----DISGRACEFUL!!

They bused them in HERE, to Baltimore. They were the same ones that were at all the others. For-the-most-part, BLM protested PEACEFULLY, until THESE goons, got here!!