I have nothing to do :-(

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm

I don't have friends to ever go hang out with. My two friends are WP online and just found out one of them has a full time teaching University job now! So even less time to email me! It's really devastating me since she was my one friend I confided in on life issues. Taking it really hard.

Only having these two friends to rely on is hard. :-( After getting SSI fixed possibly look for a job coach and help socially since I have social anxiety issues and such but for now I'm playing the waiting game waiting for that to go through. :-(

Don't ever have anyone call to go anywhere again only 2 friends. Are friends important? Should I look to get more? (outside of WP online???) I sort of wish I had someone to go meet and hang out (doesn't have to be romantic or anything.) Just something to do! besides play video games or read a book or surf online or clean house. (that amounts to most of my day those few things.)

I'm considering getting back into walking for some form of exercise perhaps that will help me emotionally cope with life? Self help books and TED talks only help so much (also surf Lifehack articles too.)

Guess just continue doing nothing. :-(

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 8:06 pm

I'm almost 60 years old and only have 4 friends. One of them is really really ill at the moment (bipolar, keeps attacking me verbally, don't see much of her), one of them keeps going away to work on the other side of the world, one of them I only see once a month as she lives so far away, and just the one I see regular.

Friends are difficult for aspies to find, and I count myself lucky I've got any at all. My feeling is that someone you can talk to, be a secret sharer with, is really worthwhile.

Otherwise, nothing to do, hang out on WP, play around with words and stuff. A few good friends, or just one good one, is to me better than being in a gang of bad friends.

To me friends are important, but I envy people who are happy without any human contact at all.

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Aug 2016, 3:02 am

Are there any support groups for people with ASD in your area? Walking sounds good. Do you like dogs? If so, you might find some people near you that need their dogs walked while they are at work, on vacation, or gone for a weekend. Then your walking could turn into a little business for you. Sorry if you don't like dogs and this suggestion was not helpful. Just trying to brainstorm with you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 5:34 am

There's always something to do, with or without other people.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 6:46 am

Online dates worked for me - I found a friend this way. We are friends over 3 years already. We hoped something more might happen at first but there was no chemistry so we ended up friends.

You can also go to some adult school/courses (if you look around you will find free ones). Its a decent way to spend time and met new people.

And if you can't do any of this - try MMO games. You can get friends by teaming with people for questing together. I even ended up dating a guy I met this way.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

I'd personally suggest better books and entertainment. Self-help books tend to give you a lot of plattitude advice, and few hands-on instructions on how to achieve things suggested as desireable. TED talks are a bit horrible as well, as they're so over- enthusiastic all the time, more often than not they're also just repackaging things that have been done a few times before. ... I recommend UCL lunch hour lectures and the oxford university podcast instead. less populist. less showy and often a bit harder to follow as well, but just.... so much less shallow..

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 5:18 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
There's always something to do, with or without other people.

Yeah, but it gets really trying entertaining yourself without any companionship.

Video games are the easiest way, really.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 10:55 pm

Your goal doesn’t have to be to entertain yourself.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.