Trying to read body langauge is making me feel frustrated.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

tammoth
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2016, 6:13 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
I cant read body language but i can read a few facial expressions.

I dont try to read body language, i dont believe there is any information that i can get from it, nor can i be certain that the information is reliable. I try sometimes, if someone asks me "what do you think they're feeling emily?" And them i try my best to interpret it. Too me, body language is fake, it doesn't exists, i cant see it therefore it does not exists, and i dont care about it.

I love this response! \but it come to something when someone is hitting on you, and you just think they want to be friends.... i get this wrong all the time!! It then makes me feel really uncomfortable because i dont know how to act

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2016, 10:22 pm

tammoth wrote:
ZombieBrideXD wrote:
I cant read body language but i can read a few facial expressions.

I dont try to read body language, i dont believe there is any information that i can get from it, nor can i be certain that the information is reliable. I try sometimes, if someone asks me "what do you think they're feeling emily?" And them i try my best to interpret it. Too me, body language is fake, it doesn't exists, i cant see it therefore it does not exists, and i dont care about it.

I love this response! \but it come to something when someone is hitting on you, and you just think they want to be friends.... i get this wrong all the time!! It then makes me feel really uncomfortable because i dont know how to act

Yeah, that's our biggest issue I think. We simply do not know how to act/react in social situations.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 11:37 pm

People are being unaccountable, when their words and actions don't match.

If you're smart enough to see the mixed messages, you're a gifted lie detector. They're confused.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 5:19 am

I've never had an issue reading body language. Reading other people's emotions through body language is something I'm very good at. Noticing other types of body language I am average, not poor at. My poor attention span can make me miss things sometimes but not enough to cause social difficulties in that way.

Like the other day at work a colleague who I didn'r know that well was worrying about a letter she'd got. Her anxiety about it was rather subtle, but I noticed how anxious it was making her feel. Then when she went, someone else in the room was like, "she seemed really anxious about it, didn't she?"