Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 12:04 am

Just In:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxbusin ... -sprint-us

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 4:11 am

I don't know why anyone would use a public bathroom anyway. Gross city.

:P

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 9:02 am

Sensible approach.

Some years ago the local Target added a bathroom with changing tables for parents of children in diapers to use. Not a feature any parent particularly wants to take advantage of, but one you are grateful for if you suddenly need it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 9:43 am

I think it's a great and smart solution.

I can understand men, who have become women, using the ladies' room.

I can't understand men, who remain men, wanting to use the ladies' room unless there's some sort of sleazy "intent" involved.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2016, 1:11 pm

I like the 3 bathroom solution.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 1:48 pm

This won't be seen as a "solution".

What they are doing is telling the complainers to go use this new "third bathroom".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 2:22 pm

My school has a unisex bathroom in each building, so I don't know what will be the problem with this.

However, a barrier that could get in the way is cisgender customers complaining of transgender customers using restrooms that are only intended for those who are cisgender.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 1:45 am

People fail to see the irony, in boycotting a nationalized, too-big-to-fail business, and believing that business covers the cost of a third restroom.

I don't intend to fix anyone's orientation, or to change their minds, when it comes to anything. I can accept that paraphilias do exist, but believe it is violative, to practice them at the expense of others.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. If and when I am the odd man out, that is my own problem, not yours, too.

I don't ever want to be that kind of person, who was integrated at gunpoint.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 4:11 am

Won't solve the mental disorder behind it and they will still demand to use the womens room. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 12:23 pm

AntDog wrote:
Won't solve the mental disorder behind it and they will still demand to use the womens room. Give them an inch and they take a mile.

:roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 8:02 pm

Instead of adding a bathroom for trans people, why not add a bathroom for bigots?

It makes no sense to add dedicated facilities for 0.03% of the population. The bigots seem to be far more numerous, especially if this site is any indication.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2016, 11:12 pm

The only time I use the ladies room is only when the men's room is locked and in use and my bladder won't hold out any longer.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Aug 2016, 11:31 pm

Barchan wrote:
Instead of adding a bathroom for trans people, why not add a bathroom for bigots?

It makes no sense to add dedicated facilities for 0.03% of the population. The bigots seem to be far more numerous, especially if this site is any indication.

The extra bathroom is for the bigots.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 6:07 am

Barchan wrote:
0.03% of the population.

Really, they should have just used whatever bathroom they identified as (I'm sure they do; no one should know anyway), and not tried to rock the boat too much with the official acknowledgment so quickly. The gender identity thing has only been big the past several years (as far as I can tell in regards to public spotlight).

People don't like change. People have fears. Whilst it's bigoted of them, it's also bigoted of people focusing on just one side of the issue. Most are bigots here as they're only caring about their own feelings.

I am what I identify as so let me be that in public! Says one side.
This makes me uncomfortable. Says the other.

Both are genuine arguments.

Ideally, equality under law should be what we strive for (and transgenderism is a real phenomena), but it sometimes takes a little while to get there. This is assuming that private businesses are subservient to laws in regards to who they provide services for and to.

(As a classic liberal, I say let privates businesses make their own choices in these matters, and government premises can have the equality under the law.)

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm

The Target stores in my area have long already had a third bathroom, called the unisex bathroom. It's not located with the other bathrooms, but over by the pharmacy.

But, why is it called the unisex bathroom? Doesn't "uni-" mean one?

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 12:52 pm

I am a classical liberal, to the extent that I acknowledge other lifestyle choices. I know that it exists. Further, I have studied these practices, as they occurred in different times and places. There is formal literature (not necessarily erotic or photographic) about history and culture, from every possible perspective. What if I am well informed, or even a trivia-hound.

What if I don't discuss this subject matter in front of small children, over holiday dinners, with disinterested strangers, at a museum, on jury duty, in the cookbook, or machine manual.

If this sounds odd, I have meant to portray that you are sexualizing neutral fixtures, such as a wrench, drinking glass, or sidewalk.

Making me responsible for your paraphilia, particularly, much past the point of inconvenience, must surely require some exhibitionism.

It is not enough for you to enjoy yourself; the idea of being seen is thrilling.

There is a thrill of violation, as you repurpose normative social institutions, whether they like it or not.