Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

finisterra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2016, 11:27 am

...and it is possible that I am on the spectrum too. My mom started reading more about autism and recognized some traits in me. Because I was born in the 1980s and was an early talker, it never occurred to anyone that I could possibly be autistic. Never really felt that I belonged anywhere, but by some miracle (the internet) I was able to get married and have a child and now that my husband is researching ASDs, he thinks he could possibly be on the spectrum as well. From everything I read so far, there seems to be a strong genetic component to ASDs and I am inclined to think that genetics are far more responsible for the propagation of ASDs than vaccines or a compromised food supply (though it may play a role).

My son is 2 years and 3 months old and he has very few clear words, but he signs and lets me know what he wants. I can read his non-verbal communication for the most part, but my husband is better at it than I am. I am here to learn so that I can help my son have the best possible life and gain a better understanding of myself as well.

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Aug 2016, 11:30 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

finisterra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Aug 2016, 11:33 am

Thanks! :)

ArielsSong
Veteran