Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

legend of zelda ocarina of time will all ways be my favorite finish it so many time :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2016, 4:38 am

I remember watching some show years ago that was talking about the best video-games of all time & Ocarina of Time was about number 3 or 5. Tetris was #1

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Imax95
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Sep 2016, 3:38 pm

my favorite zelda game is also my favorite game in general, and that is The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, I really love the time loop mechanic and in my opinion it has the best story of any of the games, the mechanics of how you get all the masks necessitates that you get to know all the characters, even seemingly insignificant side characters and all of them are interesting fun characters with good stories, all of them living in Termina, which to my mind is still the most interesting, well fleshed out overworld in the series

the 3DS remaster may have messed up a few things (Zora Link was made to be ten times more annoying to play for some reason) but it was still really good so yeah everyone should go pick that up and play it

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2016, 12:11 pm

The original Legend of Zelda, and the second is A Link Between Worlds. Haven't played Adventure of Link yet so can't say it's among the favorites.

But the first is so iconic for me because it links me to my childhood and to the 80's cartoon, and that for me it's the most definitive Zelda. (The AoL game has some ties to the cartoon too, but I haven't played it yet.)

A Link Between Worlds is because it has Yuga and that he merges with Ganon, turning into another variant of the pig demon, which I thought was awesome. After he's destroyed, I wonder if he can turn into a pig demon himself if he comes back, since he considered what Ganon was, 'beautiful' or 'perfection?' I think he'd want to remain as one, or be able to turn into one again, if he does.

I'm hoping I can add Breath of the Wild to my favorites later, since it seems to be goingback to the series' roots.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 7:42 am

It's such a difficult question. It's like asking a mother which child she loves best! :P In all seriousness, I prefer OoT and TP. I just finished replaying WW and enjoyed it but found it a little bit tedious in certain sections of the game. I also prefer a more realistic visual experience over the cartoon graphics of WW.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2016, 3:22 pm

I like Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time best for the art styles, memories, and more room to wander around than the older SNES titles. When I first played them I loved poking around for any secrets I'd missed the first time.

dendrite
Raven
Raven

29 Sep 2016, 11:41 pm

Wind Waker is my favourite. I love the art style and the designs and everything. And I love Tetra. I liked the sailing a lot too. A lot of people said it was boring, but I found it relaxing. The only thing I didn't like was how the sailing was forced at the end of the game.

Other favourites are Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past and the first one, though I love them all.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 10:44 pm

I think that Majora's Mask is my favourite, I think that it won me over with all of its character, and the setting felt like it rewarded an exploration of it.

I have played a fair share of the franchise: Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda 2, Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, and a little Tri Force Heroes. I think that I actually might make an effort after my current units to finish the games I have not finished of them, and try and play the whole series in anticipation for Breath of the Wild.

If it is counted, one of my favourite games in recent years has been Hyrule Warriors, which is incredibly likable for the wide array of Zelda series components. And Legends made improvements of switching or commanding characters mid battle and Linkle.