Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2016, 9:06 pm

What are some of your guy's theory's on "aliens" from outside our planet? Like every now and then I'll dig into it on the the internet, stuff about gray breeding programs, some confederation that I guess is "good", and the Orion group, which looks to conquest, and a alien base in New Mexico that has an on going battle between humans and one group and aliens against another group of aliens.

Granted, I'm not saying I fully believe these stories, but being a close student of history, it would be illogical to assume something is fake/doesn't exist based off of our current level of understanding. Go back 300 years ago and bring up the idea of smart phones and air travel, and you would have been laugh out or burn on a stake or something.

But, I'm interested in hearing other thoughts and opinions on the subject.

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 8:08 am

WyoViking wrote:
What are some of your guy's theory's on "aliens" from outside our planet? ...
1. They may exist.

2. The farther away from Earth, the more likely they exist.

3. Their chemistry is most likely to be based on Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen, and Oxygen, with liquid water throughout.

4. Nobody knows for certain what they would look like, how they would communicate, whether their technology is less or more advanced than ours, whether or not they've ever been to Earth, and whether or not they would be hostile towards us.

That's about it.

T minus 36 and counting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 8:23 am

I'd like to go into a spaceship with aliens---and long as they guarantee my safe return to Earth before I get to work in the morning.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2016, 8:39 am

The more data is collected, the more likely it seems that life is very common in the universe. It's very unlikely that we're alone... And it would be a terrible waste of space :wink:
Little green men and flying saucers is a completely different thing. Life certainly evolves very differently in every place where it appears, and alien life is probably so different from us that even a plant or a bacteria could seem much closer to humans than life on another planet does. So even though it can't be excluded, convergent evolution to the point where alien life looks and / or behaves even vaguely human-like is very unlikely. As for flying saucers, I'm personally convinced that teleportation might be invented long before any solution can be found to the problem of faster-than-light travel with a spaceship. Or maybe wormhole travel, if the theory happens to be true. To make it short, from what is currently known and the most likely by far, UFOs are military engines that come from Earth itself (there are plenty of reports showing it's the case), not from another planet.
The truth about the most advanced civilizations that may exist is certainly so exotic to our minds that it would be hard to conceive for us (both their biology and their technology), and it must be infinitely more amazing than what we can imagine !

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 8:54 am

Fnord wrote:
4. Nobody knows for certain […] whether or not they would be hostile towards us.

The history of first contact between civilizations so far strongly suggests they would, as would we towards them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2016, 9:07 am

That said, if they survived long enough to avoid their own planet's destruction (unlike what's probably going to happen to us), they've certainly managed to become a bit wiser and more respectful than we are, with age. This, or maybe I'm naive, but who knows.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 10:56 am

Respectful to whom? It’s not wise for a predator to “respect” its prey, or, at least, not in any sense which involves not preying on it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 4:23 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Fnord wrote:
4. Nobody knows for certain […] whether or not they would be hostile towards us.
You mis-quoted me.

Reported.

T minus 33 and counting.

WyoViking
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm

Well, evolution of technology is something to consider, for humans, war has been the main catalyst for technological advancement. So another life form, if even more war like than Humans, could advance farther than us. Then also consider how long humans have been on our planet vs the time life has existed on our planet. It's (for me at least) very easy to think that there are intelligent life that could have started millions of years before mammals were even a thing on earth.

I'm huge into Military history and PC gaming, I also hike a lot.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
You mis-quoted me.

Reported.

Huh? I’d like to see how that was a misquote, especially if whatever definition is used doesn’t make your quote a misquote, too, quoting only my quote and leaving out the rest :nerdy:

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:25 pm

I like reading about the theory that they enslaved us to gather gold for them, there are endless tales of insanity regarding those pesky greys too. What an alien race would think of our nukes always makes me foam at the mouth trynna imagine their kooky thought processes (that's doubly hard for people like us I guess lol).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 11:45 pm

I think it's more likely than not that there are other planets with life on them, just seems really unlikely that earth is the only planet in the universe with life. Of course some life forms we might not even be able to comprehend as such.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 8:53 am

WyoViking wrote:
What are some of your guy's theory's on "aliens" from outside our planet? Like every now and then I'll dig into it on the the internet, stuff about gray breeding programs, some confederation that I guess is "good", and the Orion group, which looks to conquest, and a alien base in New Mexico that has an on going battle between humans and one group and aliens against another group of aliens.

There was a site a few years ago that gave you the run down on ALL of the alledged alien species that frequent our little one horse planet.

The Grays, the Nordics, the Reptoids, and a bunch of others that I cant recall. Some were evil, some benign. Some were allied to others. Quite an involved list!

My theory: the aliens started visiting shortly after WWII and came to the conclusion that the dominant species on Earth were cows. And that humans had been enslaved by cows (they observed how much energy humans devote to feeding, transporting, and pampering cattle, and how humans devote so much acerage of farmland to feeding cows). And that was why you heard about "cattle mutilations" in the Sixties. But then the aliens finnally caught on that cows got butchered and eaten by their two legged "slaves". And then you started to hear about "alien abductions" of humans. Hey, they may be able do interstellar space travel, but that doesnt mean that aliens cant make mistakes!

Elenajo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2016, 8:46 am

I believe. Do you