Former friend poisoning others against me

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:42 am

In the last several months, a former friend, who also has AS has seemed to become the dominant alpha male by forming this little clique among others with Asperger's. I used to get along with most of them until he started spreading some ugly rumors about me and poisoning them against me.

I ran into one of the people in his networks who used to be really friendly towards me. The last few times that I have tried to talk to him, he's been frigid and being short with me.

The second time I ran into him was on the train this morning and I tried to say hello and he turned to look at to me to wave for a second before going back to look at his phone and walked around with it at the station. When we boarded the train he and I avoided each other but we sat in seats where we could see each other and I noticed that he eyed me several times and gave me looks. He also seemed to keep looking down at his phone laughing.

I would like to know what I could to put a stop to this kind of behavior and let him know that I didn't do any of the things that he keeps hearing about.

Last edited by Summer_Twilight on 26 Aug 2016, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:48 am

As much as I hate to say this, there's nothing you can do about it, other than do your best to ignore it.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 9:04 am

I find it heart breaking that all of these people looked up to me once now hate me and think all kinds of horrible things about me without bothering to to confirm anything with me.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

26 Aug 2016, 3:19 pm

Have you tried confronting the friend from the network and asked him why he is suddenly being so cold towards you? Are you sure its because your former friend has been spreading rumors? I am sorry to hear about your troubles.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm

My other friends have said that they have come directly to them and has tried to tell them that I am trying to break up this group which is not true. He also has been telling others that I have been bullying his friends which also isn't true.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 12:01 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
In the last several months, a former friend, who also has AS has seemed to become the dominant alpha male by forming this little clique among others with Asperger's. I used to get along with most of them until he started spreading some ugly rumors about me and poisoning them against me.

I ran into one of the people in his networks who used to be really friendly towards me. The last few times that I have tried to talk to him, he's been frigid and being short with me.

The second time I ran into him was on the train this morning and I tried to say hello and he turned to look at to me to wave for a second before going back to look at his phone and walked around with it at the station. When we boarded the train he and I avoided each other but we sat in seats where we could see each other and I noticed that he eyed me several times and gave me looks. He also seemed to keep looking down at his phone laughing.

I would like to know what I could to put a stop to this kind of behavior and let him know that I didn't do any of the things that he keeps hearing about.

What your friend is doing is called the smear campaign. This is something narcissists but I don't think it's exclusive to narcissism. People who do this do it for control or do it for revenge.

Unfortunately all you can do is cut off contact with them and don't respond to it or react. Just ignore it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.