Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Oakenshield97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Aug 2016, 12:39 am

Do some of you have voices in your head? I do. Evil voices. I am told it can be related to autism spectrum. My psyciatrist gives me psychosis medicine.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

27 Aug 2016, 2:06 am

A few years ago I was having major trouble with audio and visual hallucinations. I would hear things such as screaming and creepy whispers. Not sure what the cause of it was but I was able to get them under control with risperidone. The visual hallucinations were easier for me to handle because it was easy to convince myself that there was no way my (dead) friend would be walking right besides me.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2016, 1:54 pm

Hearing voices is one of the major symptoms of schizophrenia. Which is not to suggest that that is what you have, as it features to a lesser extent in a number of other neurological and mental conditions. Some people with autism hear voices, as do those with depression, bi-polar disorder and borderline personality disorder, to name a few.

You should discuss it depth with your psychiatrist.

r3wt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2016, 5:49 pm

You're not alone. I think I started hearing the voices around 12 and I've never told a soul. I think it's God or my own conscience, as there always seems to be some truth in what it says. Occasionally, I do hear an uplifting voice that offers words of encouragement. Yeah I know I'm totally insane. :lol: