Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Elenajo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Aug 2016, 10:54 am

I love heavy and death metal and I was wondering if any one out there with the some metal heads.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 11:17 am

Yes I like it quite a lot, it is the main thing I listen to.

jwfess
Raven
Raven

28 Aug 2016, 5:49 pm

Yes I am a huge metal fan, although only in the past couple years I've gotten into death metal.

I found Death (esp. Human) to be awesome, and Necrophagist as well. Listening to Demilich as well. But the one thing I've noticed is that I really like the guitar riffs and drumming, but am rather indifferent to the vocals. So I found I live recordings where the vocals are mixed to sound more in the background and the guitar is in the foreground.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 2:55 pm

Yeah

Hex
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Sep 2016, 3:50 pm

Gotta love me some metal. Only thing I really listen to from 13 to me now at 20.

SharkSandwich211
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm

Yeah... Metal Head here as well. Like about 90% of the styles out there. Some of the newer stuff that has hit American mainstream was done 15+years ago in Europe (Insert any At The Gates clone you can think of) If it gets up to 180BPM and has some good power chord chunk, I'm in.

Modulationmatrix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2016, 1:27 am

Metaaaaaaaal! Yes to metal. In the twenty-five years since I first got into it a hell of a lot of mind-blowing bands and albums have blossomed in the garden of headbangers. Unfortunately, here in Tasmania (down the bottom of Australia, international folks) you have to fork out for a plane trip to the mainland any time a band graces our country with their presence.

So would anyone like to volunteer three albums that stand out as landmarks for them in the history of their personal metal-tastic fandom? For example:

1. Carcass, 'Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious' -- because no other album has actually given me a genuine panic attack on first play.
2. Type O Negative, 'Bloody Kisses' -- so many metal albums are really not much more than a collection of predictable riffs. It's like going to a restaurant for a ten-course degustation where every course is a piece of meat. Where are the sauces, the garnish, the unconventional presentation? This album has the lot.
3. Mayhem, 'Ordo ad Chao' -- you know how some people say they like babies, but only other people's babies, because they get to give the baby back when they've had enough? This album is like that, except it's not babies, it's paranoid schizophrenia.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

^^Landmark albums? Sure

1. Metallica: Master of Puppets.
This was my first record purchase as a kid. I wanted to find out what all the Metallica fuss was about, and I was not disappointed.
2. Morbid Angel: Covenant
Super heavy, all-around great album
3. Immortal: Pure Holocaust
My introduction to Norwegian Metal. Drums fast enough to evoke helicopters.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 6:02 pm

I sort of like metal. When I say I like metal many people are quick to correct me as I don't get involved too much with subgenre distinctions.

I like some straight forward 90s metal like Pantera, Slipknot, Sepultura, Machine Head and the like... groove stuff mostly.

I like alot of 90-00s 'nu-metal' including Deftones, Korn, Mudvayne, Nothingface and Ultraspank

I like some industrial metal like Fear Factory and old Nine Inch Nails.

Love alot of deathcore like Rings of Saturn, Whitechapel, Fit For an Autopsy, Arsonists Get All the Girls, and The Red Chord, etc.

Djent as well but it can get boring- Meshuggah, Born of Osiris, Glass Cloud

And most of my favorite bands are the really eclectic ones that play heavy music but with all sorts of different non-metal influences heavily throughout the music, most are mathcore/math metal- Candiria (all time favorite band), Dillinger Escape Plan, Iwrestledabearonce (thus my avatar), The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza (not really too eclectic, but it's own monster), Circuit of Suns, Car Bomb (more mathy noisy), and less metal but still amazing bands in the one and only Faith No More and a band who takes heavily from their book without at all copying- Twelve Foot Ninja.

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

Never really been able to get into death metal (aside from Bolt Thrower), but I do like some extreme metal bands. Here are a few highlights:

thatsrobrageous
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm

Absolutely, I love the heavy sound in a lot of music as well as flat out death metal, metal, and other sub genres. I like my music to be hard hitting and have substance.

If I can list bands I enjoy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Divine Heresy (First Album), Between The Buried And Me, Dream Theater, Rammstein, Baby Metal, As I Lay Dying, Meshuggah, Cattle Decapitation, Carnifex, Cannibal Corpse, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Whitechapel, Oceano, The Faceless, In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Nile, Otep, Veil of Maya, Mushroomhead, Every Time I Die, Unearth, Limp Bizkit, Rob Zombie, Korn, The Ghost Inside, Arsonists Get All The Girls, The Acacia Strain, Emmure, Job For A Cowboy, Suicide Silence, Gift Giver, Behemoth.

I'm looking to listen to more of the older generation metal too. Should get more into Napalm Death, Carcasss, and many more bands.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 12:52 pm

thatsrobrageous wrote:
Absolutely, I love the heavy sound in a lot of music as well as flat out death metal, metal, and other sub genres. I like my music to be hard hitting and have substance.

If I can list bands I enjoy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Divine Heresy (First Album), Between The Buried And Me, Dream Theater, Rammstein, Baby Metal, As I Lay Dying, Meshuggah, Cattle Decapitation, Carnifex, Cannibal Corpse, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Whitechapel, Oceano, The Faceless, In This Moment, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Nile, Otep, Veil of Maya, Mushroomhead, Every Time I Die, Unearth, Limp Bizkit, Rob Zombie, Korn, The Ghost Inside, Arsonists Get All The Girls, The Acacia Strain, Emmure, Job For A Cowboy, Suicide Silence, Gift Giver, Behemoth.

I'm looking to listen to more of the older generation metal too. Should get more into Napalm Death, Carcasss, and many more bands.

You seem to have some similar taste as myself...

May I suggest Candiria (start with Beyond Reasonable doubt, but all the older stuff is amazing), The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Circuit of suns, Torrential Downpour, and add to your older list Fear Factory as you have alot of 90s mainstream metal on there and they were the clear cut best in my opinion...

I'm always down to discuss music/share recommendations.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2016, 4:23 pm

Svartsot if you like growly death metal sounding vocals and folk metal it does go well together I think.