Aspergers are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IMAGINATIVE OR CREATIVE!! !!

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:20 pm

OBJECTION!

In Tony Attwood's book, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, he mentions that people with AS can develop rich imaginations.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:24 pm

I must confess that, when I'm writing fiction, I do put in a lot of factual material when my imagination fails me. I think my latest book about my cat is probably the work I am proudest of, because I didn't put a lot of filler into it. I talked about the salient points of her life.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:58 pm

I think I might have been imaginative and creative but not anymore, thats for sure.

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:12 pm

Strange.... I daydream a ton..... and I was officially diagnosed by a trained and licensed psychiatrist. Almost every day I walk around my block, sometimes for hours and I just daydream during that time.

What you said might be true of low-functioning autistics, it is definitely not true of high-functioning autistics. Plus there really isn't any clear and concrete things autistics can and cannot do, there are only tendencies.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 2:07 am

IdahoRose wrote:
OBJECTION!

In Tony Attwood's book, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, he mentions that people with AS can develop rich imaginations.

Yup, it's totally bogus. (Is that a Phoenix Wright OBJECTION! out of curiosity? :D )

And if Aspies can't be imaginative or creative...why are so many so absurdly imaginative and creative?

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 2:10 am

I have good imagination, but not the normal kind, I imagine solutions to problems.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 2:32 am

trent wrote:
Hey, you Aspergers are not supposed to be imaginative or creative or inventive! For crying out loud you don't daydream!! !! !

I'm sorry, I won't do it again.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 6:17 am

Yeah, I do have some problems with imagination. But nothing major, and I still consider myself more imaginative than most.