Aspergers are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IMAGINATIVE OR CREATIVE!! !!

Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2007, 11:22 pm

I am very imaginative and creative; I daydream almost constantly too. It is a false generalization.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:00 am

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
I'm not imaginative or creative. But I daydream a lot.

Me too
I have limited imagination and creativity, but I manage to play pretend games with my 3yo nephew, althought he is the one who is leading me to his fantasy world.

Last edited by greenblue on 08 May 2007, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

08 May 2007, 2:04 am

I day dream all the time and have fantasies.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:12 am

Well, without reading through the whole thread, and allowing for the fact that I am intoxicated, the OP of this thread is, well, a f*****g idiot.

Man, that felt good. Perhaps a bit harsh, but it still felt good.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:21 am

I don’t think I have an imagination…I mean, I’m just recycling, reiterating and reinstating everything I’ve viewed and heard in my head; sure, the placement may be perturbed or perfect depending on the source…none of it’s mine originally.

Perhaps this is imagination?

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:31 am

Danielismyname wrote:
I don’t think I have an imagination…I mean, I’m just recycling, reiterating and reinstating everything I’ve viewed and heard in my head; sure, the placement may be perturbed or perfect depending on the source…none of it’s mine originally.

Perhaps this is imagination?

Is there any novel aspect to it? Anything that isn't purely recycling what you have into something "different?" If there's anything about it that is new, or "creative" (I know, that could be difficult to interpret, throwing it out there in case it makes sense, doesn't always to me), then I'd call it imagination. That's just me though.

That being said, to make any sort of sweeping generalization about any group without any "wiggle room" is asinine. That's why I said what I did in my previous post. That, and some here have shown that they do have creativity and imagination.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:36 am

shadexiii wrote:
Is there any novel aspect to it?

Actually…yeah I have some of my own added; my avatar for example. It’s hard to know if you’ve got something that’s never been explained to you properly, and you have no interest in pursuing then perusing the meaning….

Thanks.

Zhaozhou
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2007, 5:27 am

Given enough time, I can make up something. One of the last thing I imagined was VampirHouse M.D., a spoof show where dr. House was turned into a vampire. He behaved much like before being a vampire, except that he required more blood transfusions, even when they were useless; his clique criticized him for this but he managed to get away with his sarcasm. And in one scene House resurrects a dead patient by turning him into an undead by secretly biting him in the neck.

Cameron: But he was dead...!
House: That means I undeaded him.
Patient: Master!

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:58 am

SteveK wrote:
Apparently, Aspies AREN'T crazy about fiction. I consider myself Aspie, and I'm generally not. They DO tend to be interested in SCIENCE, and that includes FICTION! HECK, even science FANTASY!

I have fantasies about mass producing cyclosarin, does this make me an NT or just your basic psychopath?

Mushroom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 6:29 am

That study is definitely stupid.

I mean, creativity isn't how well someone can draw an imaginary landscape... that's a high level of creativity. Even picturing an apple in your mind requires some creativity. If someone has a brain, they can imagine things and be creative... and if they don't have a brain, they wouldn't even be alive... and who'd bother to measure the creativity level of a dead person?

I daydream, I'm creative and I like fiction as well as non-fiction.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:08 am

I rpobably shouldn't say one of the lastthings I imagined, but it involved pink and blye bunneh-bois and lots of leather. :wink: 8O :D

Demonic_Duck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2007, 11:17 am

I have a good imagination! Every time my mum or dad asks me a question I nearly always spin an elaborate story just to annoy them :P.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:46 am

agentcyclosarin wrote:
SteveK wrote:
Apparently, Aspies AREN'T crazy about fiction. I consider myself Aspie, and I'm generally not. They DO tend to be interested in SCIENCE, and that includes FICTION! HECK, even science FANTASY!

I have fantasies about mass producing cyclosarin, does this make me an NT or just your basic psychopath?

Do you have fantasies about *using* it? :(

TylerPaul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2007, 3:50 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
shadexiii wrote:
Is there any novel aspect to it?

Actually…yeah I have some of my own added; my avatar for example. It’s hard to know if you’ve got something that’s never been explained to you properly, and you have no interest in pursuing then perusing the meaning….

Thanks.

Please explain your avatar. I tried googling the letters when I first came on this forum. It seemed so familiar.

I personally can't stand fantasy or sci-fi. No matter how good the book is supposed to be I just can't get into it.

As for math... I almost flunked my math class in 11th grade the first semester because the teach graded our homework. I got a different teacher second semester. Didn't even open my textbook once the entire rest of the year and aced the class because it was based only on test scores. I hate the teaching system.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:15 pm

Isn't imagination different from creativity?

Every aspie has some sort of imagination, right? I can imagine being in another place and another time, or when you remember an event or something that happened to you in the past, getting a picture in your mind of a place you visited before.

For example if I ask you what did you saw on TV last night, you will describe it, so you will be imagine what you saw, if you are humming a song, aren't you imagine it?

For me creativity is something different, is taking all information stored in your memory like images, sound and events to construct a new thing, either enhance and existing thing or create a new one, which is something I have a problems with mostly when it comes to graphics design.

The word Imaginative sounds like a synonym of Creativity, I know you need imagination to be creative but if you are not creative doesn't mean you lack imagination.

I daydream all the time, isn't that fiction itself?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 8:20 pm

OBJECTION!

In Tony Attwood's book, The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, he mentions that people with AS can develop rich imaginations.