Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

behereyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2007, 7:59 pm

Just curious to see if anybody else here is into comics. I'm into all sorts of comics, but especially DC heroes. They're definitely my obsession right now. Especially Batman.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 8:07 pm

I like the Calvin and Hobbes comics. :)

Also, I'm actually working on a comic strip. It's not copyrighted or anything yet, but I'm going to get on that really soon. Just ask if you want to see them!

behereyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2007, 8:10 pm

Lightning88 wrote:

Also, I'm actually working on a comic strip. It's not copyrighted or anything yet, but I'm going to get on that really soon. Just ask if you want to see them!

Sure I'll check it out. Do you do the art as well?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 8:16 pm

behereyes wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

Sure I'll check it out. Do you do the art as well?

Yep, I do every little detail about them! Here you go!

I'm also making another one tonight! :D

behereyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2007, 8:21 pm

that's really good! Are you trying to get it published in a paper?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 8:23 pm

Thanks! I don't want to do anything major with them yet (I'm still focusing on getting into college!) but I definitely don't just want to see them go to waste. I've actually been working on Crystal since 2001! 8O

Monk_Fighter
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2007, 8:37 pm

How can you not love comic books?!?!

darkscorpion
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2007, 4:22 am

Dark horse comics, star wars to be exact!

Benji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2007, 8:53 am

I like comics/graphic novels, but haven't got any particular favourites, really.

behereyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2007, 9:29 am

darkscorpion wrote:
Dark horse comics, star wars to be exact!

Awesome. I'm a SW fan as well.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 10:11 am

I'm with the scorpion and Batman…and everyone else. Comics are my favorite “enjoyable” fiction. The latest I’ve read is the Halo graphic novel…it’s pretty cool; bloody cool if you’re a fan of Halo fiction.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:48 pm

My username should indicate how fond I am of X-Men comics. I write fanfiction on a regular basis (which, if I may blow my own trumpet for a moment, is apparently rather good :)).

I'm branching out into more grown-up comics at the moment, but the X-Men will always be my first love.

Elemental
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 May 2007, 5:30 pm

I read a lot of webcomics--24 at a quick count. My favourites are Scary-Go-Round (wonderfully offbeat, surreal humour), Schlock Mercenary (space opera coupled with comedy) and Errant Story (a mix of high fantasy and lowbrow humour, with some excellent worldbuilding in the background).

Also several manga series. I like the format, because most series' tend to end at some point. At the moment, I'm reading Battle Angel Alita (cyberpunk / martial arts), Blade of the Immortal (a subversive take on the lone samurai genre, with gorgeous art), and Berserk (gritty European medieval style fantasy--gory, but with an interesting plot and cast).

That said, I do read some scattered stuff from the Big Two. I prefer self-contained stories like The Sandman or Superman: Red Son. Two exceptions are Cable & Deadpool (for the humour and characterisation) and the current run of X-Factor (for some great characters and a good balance between super-powered action and low-key noir drama).

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:43 pm

Elemental wrote:
I read a lot of webcomics

The only webcomic I read regularly is Shortpacked, a webcomic about toy-collecting (another of my great loves).

Elemental wrote:
That said, I do read some scattered stuff from the Big Two. I prefer self-contained stories like The Sandman or Superman: Red Son. Two exceptions are Cable & Deadpool (for the humour and characterisation) and the current run of X-Factor (for some great characters and a good balance between super-powered action and low-key noir drama).

Superman: Red Son is amazing stuff. I bought the trade on a whim last year, and I remember being bowled over by it. As for X-Factor... it's my favourite second-tier X-title right now. Peter David's writing just makes me smile goofily every time I read it.

behereyes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2007, 7:37 pm

MrSinister wrote:
My username should indicate how fond I am of X-Men comics. I write fanfiction on a regular basis (which, if I may blow my own trumpet for a moment, is apparently rather good :)).

I'm branching out into more grown-up comics at the moment, but the X-Men will always be my first love.

No doubt because of the X-men/autism connection?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 2:42 pm

:D I'm not a big fan of comic books. When I was a child my mother used to buy for me the comics about Mickey Mouse and that's everything. But few months ago I went in search of electronic versions of comics in the Internet and I found quite a lot of the issues of the X Men, Judge Dredd and Sandman :D The X Men became my big obsession for several weeks - I spent long hours sitting in front of my computer looking for the pieces of information about the mutants which I didn't know or reading still the same ones for the hundredth time. :D
I also derive a lot of pleasure from reading this :twisted: