LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 3:12 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
behereyes wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
I like the Calvin and Hobbes comics. :)

Also, I'm actually working on a comic strip. It's not copyrighted or anything yet, but I'm going to get on that really soon. Just ask if you want to see them!

Sure I'll check it out. Do you do the art as well?

Yep, I do every little detail about them! Here you go!

I'm also making another one tonight! :D

Those are pretty good! I like them! They're certainly a lot better than some syndicated comics I could mention.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 3:15 pm

Elemental wrote:
I read a lot of webcomics--24 at a quick count. My favourites are Scary-Go-Round (wonderfully offbeat, surreal humour), Schlock Mercenary (space opera coupled with comedy) and Errant Story (a mix of high fantasy and lowbrow humour, with some excellent worldbuilding in the background).

Also several manga series. I like the format, because most series' tend to end at some point. At the moment, I'm reading Battle Angel Alita (cyberpunk / martial arts), Blade of the Immortal (a subversive take on the lone samurai genre, with gorgeous art), and Berserk (gritty European medieval style fantasy--gory, but with an interesting plot and cast).

That said, I do read some scattered stuff from the Big Two. I prefer self-contained stories like The Sandman or Superman: Red Son. Two exceptions are Cable & Deadpool (for the humour and characterisation) and the current run of X-Factor (for some great characters and a good balance between super-powered action and low-key noir drama).

I read a lot of webcomics, too. Only 18 though, not counting the ones that appear in newspapers that I read online because it's more convenient (that would add another 10-15).

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 3:17 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I enjoy reading Archie comics.

I like Archie comics. My brother has a huge collection of them (a whole bookshelf double-stacked) so I read his. I like the Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, and the Boondocks enough to have their collections, and there are many more comics I read online.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 3:18 pm

Irulan wrote:
:D I'm not a big fan of comic books. When I was a child my mother used to buy for me the comics about Mickey Mouse and that's everything. But few months ago I went in search of electronic versions of comics in the Internet and I found quite a lot of the issues of the X Men, Judge Dredd and Sandman :D The X Men became my big obsession for several weeks - I spent long hours sitting in front of my computer looking for the pieces of information about the mutants which I didn't know or reading still the same ones for the hundredth time. :D
I also derive a lot of pleasure from reading this :twisted:

Where do you find X-men comics online? I'd love to read some of the older ones.

ainvar
Raven
Raven

24 May 2007, 3:33 pm

I used to read paper comics, especially the various Spiderman comics, and then I had a brief stint with Ambush Bug (even dressed up as him for a DragonCon several years ago!)

I mostly just read webcomics these days, too (although I did read "Buddy Does Seattle" recently). My mainstays are Penny Arcade, Ctrl-Alt-Del, XKCD, Sinfest, Diesel Sweeties, Qwantz, The Unfeasible Adventures of Beaver and Steve, Lucid TV, A Softer World, and VG Cats...8-bit Theatre is also good.

Sorry, no sportscards here...I only collected comic cards and CCG (most especially Magic).

And Lightning88...cute comic =)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 May 2007, 3:49 pm

i never understood comic books, (sorry) i just dont see the need for them exept there collectabilty.

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2007, 3:56 pm

I like The Crow comics, and of course X-Men comics. :)

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 4:12 pm

I like comics. These days I’m more interested in the art than the stories. I still enjoy reading trades every once in a while (I don’t have the patients to collect single issues anymore).

I really like old Frank Miller stuff. Allan Moore and Kurt Busiek are pretty cool too.

I’m also a huge fan of BTAS, Justice League and JLU on TV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrBvWdlRDc[/youtube]

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 5:24 pm

I must confess that recently I read Watchmen. That is why now I have Rorschach as an avatar....

On sabbatical...

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 5:45 pm

Rorschach was my favorite character from Watchmen.

Moore wanted to use established DC characters for that story but DC said nope! Rorschach was based on The Question, another fave of mine.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 5:52 pm

Heard about that. Moore disses the movie adaptations of his comics, but, for one thing, V for Vendetta was a good film in its own right, and two, he should consider the fact that the films get people to look at the source material.

On sabbatical...

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 6:24 pm

I agree. I liked the movie version of V too.

Still, my favorite comic book movie of all time is Sin City. That was almost a panel-by-panel adaptation... It was strange to see in a movie, but it’s a fantastic piece of visual art.

I’d like to see a Batman film done in that comic book noir style and set in the late 30‘s/early 40‘s. I thought the visuals from ‘The Big Fat Kill’ would be great for Batman.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2007, 5:29 am

LostInSpace wrote:

Where do you find X-men comics online? I'd love to read some of the older ones.

I mean, I downloaded them using a P2P program eMule. I have downloaded this way a lot of books and comics because I can't afford to buy them.

LEEH
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 May 2007, 4:00 pm

- I like garfield:
http://www.garfield.com/comics/comics_a ... 7-ga070524
- I like Dilbert too:
http://www.dilbert.com/

In my last obsession I Read all their strips.