Post your unpopular food-related opinions

Page 19 of 19 [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 8:04 pm

I like eating raw onions. And no, I don't just mean red onions. :P

I don't like sweet things on meat, like sweet and sour pork.

Caramel is absolutely disgusting and I don't get why it's in almost every GD chocolate bar, please stop this madness.

Prunes and prune juice taste good, and I wish they didn't make you go to the bathroom so they could be eaten more often. lol

Marshmallows are also just as gross as caramel...

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 7:45 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Mayonnaise is a damn good condiment for pizza. Seriously, try it some time.

I love it, especially mixing mayo and ketchup, people in Idaho call it fry sauce.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2021, 8:43 pm

I don’t remember everything I mentioned here before, probably have duplicates :oops:

Sweet and savory/salty do not belong together. Caramel is ruined when it’s salted.

I do not like ground beef in any form, including hamburgers. Very thin hamburgers with a bit of salt and nothing else (including bun) are tolerable.

Mint ice cream is delicious, and pieces of chocolate in it are acceptable, but otherwise mint and chocolate do not go together, even though I like both separately. This includes Thin Mint cookies (seems every person I mention not liking mint and chocolate to who says they don’t like it either adds “except for Thin Mints”).

I’m not a fan of any sort of sandwich, some are tolerable, the only condiment that is acceptable is mustard. Why does every pre-made sandwich that isn’t peanut butter and jelly or a hamburger have to have mayonnaise? :eew:

The texture of any sort of gelatin is gross. So are unmelted marshmallows.

Bacon is only okay, and only if thoroughly crispy. The texture of fat, including on bacon, is disgusting.

Steak is also only okay, and only if cooked enough and not fatty.

I was vegetarian for several years (five, I think), and I rarely missed any kind of meat. And I was no hungrier then than when I ate meat (though I did have to start eating meat again for health reasons).

The only thing edible at McDonalds is the fries.

I have never liked ketchup, even as a kid.

White bread is disgusting.

Oatmeal cookies are delicious, but raisins do not belong in them.

Most sauces are gross. Tomato pasta sauce is fine, but only next to pasta, not on top of it. Pasta saturated with sauce is repulsive.

Not a fan of any sort of poultry.

The texture of beans of any sort is disgusting. And pureed soups (which is something many people recommend for people who don’t like beans to eat them) make me gag. This is a large part of why I never tried being vegan.

A cold glass of milk goes very nicely with potato chips.

Chocolate is much better if refrigerated before eating, so it’s extra crisp.

A crispy taco shell by itself is a perfectly fine snack.

Peanut butter is best by itself, eaten off a spoon.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 2:31 pm

Mountain Dew tastes different when consumed with something else sweet, but that flavor is also good.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 2:32 pm

Diet Mountain Dew tastes better than regular Mountain Dew.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 3:25 pm

My preference for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is:
- creamy peanut butter
- ginger preserves
- two slices of American cheese
- ground black pepper

A wonderful grilled-cheese sandwich can be made with:
- Wensleydale cheese with blueberries
- garlic

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2021, 3:32 pm

sweet things have no place on the dinner plate, they taste absolutely vile.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm

Lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber must be kept away from bread at all costs. The only vegetables which have any place in sandwiches are onions, chargrilled bell-peppers, and the tiny chunks of root vegetables you get in pickles/chutneys. All else is a soggy, disgusting abomination.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 7:23 pm

I like to put salt and pepper on my toast.

I can't stand the "it's a melt" meme that's so common on Reddit whenever someone dares to post a grilled cheese sandwich that they've added extra stuff to. FFS, if I add bacon to a grilled cheese sandwich, it's still a f*****g grilled cheese sandwich.

I really can't stand foodie elitism in general. I'm a little bit guilty of doing this with poutine, when people use shredded cheese instead of cheese curds, but honestly, it's a dish I enjoy done either way.