Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Seeker883
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2016, 9:28 pm

I'm working on a post for my blog in which I'm taking apart and analyzing some Autism Speaks video and talking about the problems I have with them. I'm going through the "Autism Every Day" video right now, and most of it is mainly about "these poor parents", and easy to take apart, but I've come across a point that I don't actually know anything about. There's a section of the video called "Up All Night" which talks about how the parents have to suffer through sleepless nights because their children won't/can't sleep, and about how this carries on for long periods of time, apparently about 2-3 weeks.

Here's the thing, though. Not only have I never had insomnia for more than one night, but most of my friends are also on the spectrum, and I've never even heard of this supposed severe, long-term insomnia. Based on that I'm guessing that it isn't particularly common, but does anyone else have any experience/information on this?

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Aug 2016, 10:34 pm

I've always had trouble sleeping and keeping a consistent sleep schedule. I only got better once I was prescribed medication for my bipolar.

I think my insomniac tendencies are a result of stress and trouble changing tasks. As in going from activity mode to sleep mode.