Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 9:58 pm

I am 31 years old and have never had a drivers liscense.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 10:24 pm

motherofhim wrote:
Driving can be all of the above; but it gives one independence and freedom. Is that the part of it that aspies are afraid of? That they have to haul their own load?

oh, no. . I am a true Aspie, I drive trucks. I load up a big 26ft UHaul with my sweet little Chrysler LeBaron sports car ( convertible, naturally! and Daytona red, too! and I love to drive HER too!) on a trailer on the back and drive from Minneapolis to Astoria, Oregon. I want to tell you, driving mountian passes in the driving snow with the sides of the truck scraping along the banked snow and gravel. . .well, all I did was keep the rear tire of the car trailer on the right side of the yellow line and I made it though!

I have driven 8 times across various parts of vast land masses in a Uhaul or a Penske ( never did care for Ryder trucks) trailing some car or other. Nothing feels better than having it all with you (and the cat in the car carrier!) and moving along. I hope someday to have a live in RV so I can ALWAYS move when ever I want. that is solid freedom to me. so. . no, motherofhim, I love to 'haul my own load' . . .

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 10:27 pm

I like to drive on some days... days like today however, no way.

I was pulling out of my street, making a right. There was a cop waiting for a chance to make a left across the street. Since I was making a right hand turn, I had right of way... the cop still turned and almost smacked right into my car. 8O

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 5:38 am

I'm in one of those moods right now where I WISH i could just drive (my Oldsmobile Cutlass, of course) since things at work are just unbearable right now. I would love to drive until I ran out of road. I could listen to the motor hum and I could hum with it and i would feel the wheel in my hands and I would feel one with the car and we would just GO. I wish sometimes I could drive and not turn back. Sometimes I feel like I just don't like the world and the people in it. I've never had a car behave maliciously towards me the way people have. Sometimes I wish people were all gone and I was left with nothing but all their cars.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 3:56 am

Well I have just had a wonderful weekend, I drove some 600 miles round trip learnt skid control on a skid pan and How to drive a racing line round a circuit in my beautiful blue baby :)

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 7:34 am

SG wrote:
sgfto0609_front_corner2(800).jpg 8)

Thats my FTO
I've got a new spoiler on it now thats less 'flamboiant' and new rims but cant afford the tyres for them yet.

I do motorkhana and the occasional superkhana (track racing)

Handles alright but the coilovers I have atm give it too much understeer because they're designed for a lancer with a small 4 cyl, that shares the same chassis thats why they fit, where as the FTO has a heavy v6...

Have to say driving both gives me something for my mind to do but stresses me out at the same time with all the distractions around

Nice one, my father had one for a while. I was only 16 at the time and still an inexperienced driver so I only got to drive it down to the train station to pick him up once or twice. I loved the sound of the mivec kicking in. The seats are great to sit in too, and I actually have a pair of FTO seats sitting in my lounge room at the moment that I want to put in my soarer. We used to have a strip of freeway just behind our suburb at the time and one day we went out together to get something from the shops. He just decided to boot it and we were doing 180kmh with the windows open along this curved section of the freeway. Good times :)

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 4:40 pm

I actually love to drive, I didn't get my license until I was 19, and I lost my brother to a car accident, and my other brother has been in several almost life threatening ones, and my father use to drive drunk, so I was always afraid to drive and had problems learning. When I went to go get my license, I literally failed everything, and when she said I passed I was in shock, but now I'm such a good driver, and sometimes I get into this zone, and love driving. Then theres days I can't even get in the driver seat, but thats why I got my boyfriend who loves cars and driving haha!

UrbanStrike
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jun 2007, 7:21 pm

I love to drive or be driven.

I used to get upset and drive around to calm down.

The best is being on tour and having to drive 3-10 hours a day all over the country.