Page 6 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 9:05 pm

RidgeRunner wrote:
Shale wrote:
Oh mang. Pity we're all separated by water because this would be a MEAN car meet 8) That Lotus is HOT! And we all know the 86 is secks :D (Y'all know you want to see that 86 chasing my GC8...hurrhurr)

As for the STi not being there long...what about a 2.5RS or similar GC8, strengthened and with a WRX motor dropped in? Common mod in the US community at least, and looks/sounds awesome :D
Heh, there was a '99 2.5RS coupe listed for sale when I was car shopping... it was about 100 miles away and I never did get out there to see it though. :(

TruenoBlues wrote:
I need an EJ22 out of the 22b STi. And a Porsche 914. You see where this is going.....
Nah, I'd rather have an aircooled 914.

infact, that'd be a fun little car...
/me looks on ebay to see what they're going for around here

Driven one. FUN, but it has the same problem as my AE86, no balls. That's why the Subaru.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 2:48 am

TruenoBlues wrote:
iceb wrote:
BTW here is my beautiful motor car
My Beautiful Lotus

Her engine sings I love to drive soo much and soo fast.

I, uh, um, um, um, *drools*. Marry me.

Wow a proposal!
You realise you would have to share me with my lesbian lover (My car).

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 2:52 am

RidgeRunner wrote:
iceb wrote:
My Beautiful Lotus

Cooool... let's go for a ride. :lol:

Anytime your this side of the puddle let me know :)

karasu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2007, 4:38 am

Yup! Driving at night especially, on an empty highway, about 10:30 or so, is awesome.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 1:46 am

iceb wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:
iceb wrote:
My Beautiful Lotus

I, uh, um, um, um, *drools*. Marry me.

Wow a proposal!
You realise you would have to share me with my lesbian lover (My car).

I think I could turn both of you bi. And if not, I'm a generous guy. The Corolla is a bit jealous though, but she might like you :wink:

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 1:53 am

Oh, and my 'Rolla is FRIGHTENING when I'm sustaining 140km/h on the highway. I've hit 190km/h in it, but it was only for a few seconds.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:31 am

I like driving, especially on my commute home around 11pm because the freeway traffic is relatively light. I also like driving on the weekends as well, and since I've got a 4-cylinder car, I can do a 4-hour round trip on a full tank of gas.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 6:11 am

I have booked ourselves (My Lotus and I) a performance driving lesson with a half day on a race track < G >

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 May 2007, 2:11 pm

i'd dont think i'd like driving even if i could do it. it just seems so pointless. maybe driving for fun on a racetrack would be cool though

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2007, 2:26 pm

I hate cars. I avoid them whenever possible.

RidgeRunner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2007, 2:42 am

And hooray for finally having my SL1 back! No more slushbox rental! 8)

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 8:16 pm

Yo TruenoBlues...let me warn you, the last guy that threatened to take the motor out of a 22B cried for days when I was done with him ;) No touchie. Nooooooo touchie. There are only 400 of them and in one piece they're phenomenal (like the S201 no one seems to have heard of) and shouldn't be ripped to pieces for parts :P

Stroke out an EJ20T, or pinch a USDM WRX engine...give it a port & polish, forged pistons and voila ;)

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 8:25 pm

It would be nice to be able to drive I guess but im not really exited about driving.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

21 May 2007, 8:52 pm

Hard to answer. I learned to drive at age 34 (I'm now 37). I crashed after 3000 miles and have drove very little since then. Oh I crashed driving recklessly on a country road.

I did like the freedom of being able to go anywhere but at the same time I had no place to go so I mainly just burned gas on pointless trips.

I do think an usually high number of people on the spectrum can not/do not drive. Thats likely ranges from inattentive ADHD, dyspraxia, high anxiety, sensory problems, etc. Which is why I think some question like that should be on RDOS aspie test in the future.

SG
Raven
Raven

21 May 2007, 9:26 pm

sgfto0609_front_corner2(800).jpg 8)

Thats my FTO
I've got a new spoiler on it now thats less 'flamboiant' and new rims but cant afford the tyres for them yet.

I do motorkhana and the occasional superkhana (track racing)

Handles alright but the coilovers I have atm give it too much understeer because they're designed for a lancer with a small 4 cyl, that shares the same chassis thats why they fit, where as the FTO has a heavy v6...

Have to say driving both gives me something for my mind to do but stresses me out at the same time with all the distractions around