Abedin & Weiner: What does this mean for Hillary?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 4:43 pm

The New York Times: Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin to Separate After His Latest Sexting Scandal

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s closest aide, Huma Abedin, said Monday that she intended to separate from her husband, Anthony D. Weiner, the former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate, after it was reported that Mr. Weiner had exchanged suggestive images and messages with a woman while the couple’s young child was beside him.

So I don't know if anyone wants to defend Weiner. He seems that a sexually pre-occupied dufus to me.

Does this show bad judgment on Abedin's part and therefore on Hillary's?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

I think what hurts is paralleling Anthony Weiner with Bill but I think most people feel sorry for Huma for being married to and having a kid with such a creep. More unwanted attention on Clintonworld, they do not want another sex scandal right now. Perhaps that's why Bill looks doped up in his recent public appearances.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 6:44 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I think what hurts is paralleling Anthony Weiner with Bill but I think most people feel sorry for Huma for being married to and having a kid with such a creep. More unwanted attention on Clintonworld, they do not want another sex scandal right now. Perhaps that's why Bill looks doped up in his recent public appearances.

I don't think this should be seen as bad judgement on Hillary's part. I can however see the link between Weiner and Bill, and while the millenials are not clued up on Bill's past the old guard will no doubt be reminded because of this.

Ultimately, it's scandal and history is repeating itself in the Clinton camp.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 6:51 pm

Trump wrote:
“I only worry for the country in that Hillary Clinton was careless and negligent in allowing Weiner to have such close proximity to highly classified information,” the thrice married Republican candidate continued. “Who knows what he learned and who he told? It’s just another example of Hillary Clinton’s bad judgment. It is possible that our country and its security have been greatly compromised by this.”

Salon

The possibility for blackmail does enter the equation. Weiner would want to hide his behaviour for as long as possible.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Aug 2016, 7:26 pm

old tweet lol

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 8:51 pm

As opposed to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloo ... 19944.html ?

Throwing stones, glasshouses... kettle, pot.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 9:02 pm

Mootoo wrote:

Good Lord ... debauchery to spare from all sides. It would be interesting to see the U.S. president on trial for rape; what if he's found guilty?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 9:35 pm

This guy Weiner really is a Weiner!

He has, obviously, some sort of sex addiction.

And to put his kid right next to him when he's doing his sexual thing (I know the kid's not aware of it....but it's still really, really bad).

I don't think this will affect Hillary, though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 9:57 pm

androbot01 wrote:
The New York Times: Anthony Weiner and Huma Abedin to Separate After His Latest Sexting Scandal

Quote:
Hillary Clinton’s closest aide, Huma Abedin, said Monday that she intended to separate from her husband, Anthony D. Weiner, the former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate, after it was reported that Mr. Weiner had exchanged suggestive images and messages with a woman while the couple’s young child was beside him.

So I don't know if anyone wants to defend Weiner. He seems that a sexually pre-occupied dufus to me.

Does this show bad judgment on Abedin's part and therefore on Hillary's?

How does it show bad judgement on Abedin's part? Seems like perhaps separating from him is good judgement if that is true. Sounds like bad judgement on Anthony Weiner's part since he was the one exchanging suggestive images with another woman...and with their child beside him? also not great judgement.

That said I have no idea who these people are.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 10:08 pm

Mootoo wrote:

Damn! She's got a witness, too!

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2016, 10:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
How does it show bad judgement on Abedin's part? Seems like perhaps separating from him is good judgement if that is true. Sounds like bad judgement on Anthony Weiner's part since he was the one exchanging suggestive images with another woman...and with their child beside him? also not great judgement.

She should have dumped him years ago. This is the third time he's been caught doing this stuff.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:22 am

androbot01 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

She should have dumped him years ago. This is the third time he's been caught doing this stuff.

From what I heard on CNN, Weiner had been separated from his wife for months now, so it looks like their marriage has been on the rocks for some time now.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 5:43 am

People: Why Huma Abedin Stood by Husband Anthony Weiner Through His Last Two Sexting Scandals

Quote:
Calling her decision to leave her husband "painful" in a statement, Abedin, 40, appeared to finally be closing the door on a tumultuous, 6-year marriage. But many are wondering why the ending didn't come sooner.

Abedin stood by Weiner in 2011 when he resigned from Congress after accidentally tweeting a sexually explicit photo of himself that was intended for another woman, and again in 2013 when the then-candidate for New York City mayor was caught sexting once more.

I guess she seriously thought of leaving him in 2013, but didn't because of their young child.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 6:52 am

The thing that irritates me....is that this Weiner guy thinks he's really Hot Stuff!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 3:06 am

he is a sick man.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 5:11 am

Nominative determinism, eh? And pity the tabloid hacks, for even they think this is a bit too on the nose.

I don't think it reflects on Clinton, or Abedin for that matter. This sort of thing is a hell of a bind to be in without the attendent publicity and embarrasment. The only person it reflects on is Weiner, and I hope he gets some sort of help.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.