Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 1:52 pm

So, I haven't been here or a while. A lot of things have gone on.

Had a less than stellar home health aid. Caused me to actually lose two months of important activity due to her just never calling or responding to anything. I guess someone at their office is bothering her because no word from them in two months. Now, calling almost every day now. Woulda been nice to have had half that attention when she was supposed to help instead of trying to go on vacation and then telling me to 'go to interviews on my own.' If I coulda done that, I would not have needed a home health aid.

Wife: well, that saga is ending. Had to call 911 on August 8 on her. Now 6 month order of protection and pressing charges as well as seeking divorce.

Trying to get things under control. With the wife situation, everything has changed. We know how much change can suck. It's really bad for me. But there is not one thing that has remained consistent and it's really messing with me.

Totally screwing with my poor enough executive functioning. Totally worse off on that front. The house is a wreck and things are falling behind. This is also messing with my needs for scheduling and order. There ain't any and it's really driving me crazy.

I realized I mark time by events and not dates. So that means I have only been counting the time in this apartment as the time I have been isolated. Well, that means instead of two years, it's been 6. So, getting out and doing what I have to do now is very, very taxing. And even since the 90's I had less than stellar human contact even then.

Almost got arrested by the VA Hospital police because I was one step from meltdown. They are trained well and had me defused in two questions. So, that wound up being a decent thing in the long run, but it still frightens me about the potential for a public meltdown. Still can't quite control that. Meds (antidepressants) seem to be having some effect, but not with the frustrations and such.

But, it's been a crazy few months. I have begun social classes at Spectrum Services. Think it will be more than that. They have a lot to derail by way of just the Asperger's thing. But it's a beginning. So, three weeks into that with them and I can see the difference on things and the way they are approached by the Aspie experts VS regular Therapists. For instance: I tell them a whole of things and they say "Gee, it seems that you have problems with people." Yeah, that's helpful.....

But, the regular therapists (Of which they have a great deal of other issues to deal with such as abuse, all kinds, from the age of three onward, and a whole host of other things) will be coordinating on those things....I hope. They have the signed consents.

But it is nice to tell someone something and they realize it's executive functioning issues or whatever and not just say something like, "Well, why don't you clean your apartment?" I wish it were that easy LOL

But, I am alive. Stressed. Struggling to get out of the house yet.

So, there ya go......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 1:59 pm

Good to have you back. I'm sorry you've been struggling and I hope things improve for you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

It sounded like you really needed us here on WP!

Sorry about what's happening in your life.

Here on WP, at least, you would have been able to obtain (ironically), at least a certain amount of sanity.

Did you have to get the order of protection against the Home Health Aide, or against your wife?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 2:55 pm

Welcome back, Sir.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 3:14 pm

Thank you. I have missed being here. But, and I know you guys understand this, just too much going on and no brain cells left. Still bad as I have to completely redesign my life now. Again, you guys know how that can be. Everything has to change and I have no idea how long it will take me to adapt. I really think the change is the worst thing I have identified at this time.

The best thing? I finally know what I am dealing with. And, dealing with the Asperger's experts has helped. It's just a relief to say something to someone IRL instead of online. I know that sounds silly, but here, we know. Out there, hardly anybody knows.

Funny thing, had one of the VA people tell me I'm not like other Autistic people they have met....I keep appointments. But, it is my compulsion to not be on time, but to be early. I cannot stand being late at all.

And, with all the yuckiness going on, well, I seem to be getting late on many things now. That will change, but it drives me bonkers while I am adjusting. LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2016, 3:19 pm

Welcome back.
Sending you all my healing vibes.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

31 Aug 2016, 4:13 am

Welcome back, sound like you have had a tough time lately. I am glad to hear that you are making progress.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2016, 4:06 pm

Hey stranger, been MIA myself. Have been very busy, and trying to cope with completing everything has left my peripheral engagements to fall silent. Sorry about that.
I think by Tuesday I *should* have time to adequately explain, but I haven't forgotten to write you back.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 5:43 pm

Always looking for some good news myself so here it is:

Irwin Allen, who created 'Lost in Space' and bunches of other things, almost got it right in 'Lost in Space.' They detected a habitable planet around Proxima Centauri b. The Jupiter II's mission was to Alpha Centauri. Sooo close......

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 8:13 am

Haven't seen you in a while; good to hear from you, man... even if circumstances could be better. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk!

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 11:04 am

Hey, I was absent most of July. That sounds rough.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 3:11 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet!

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 3:21 pm

Welcome back. Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, but it sounds like you're getting through it.

Whatever the reason, it's good to have a break from WP every now and then.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

It has just gotten unbelievably chaotic with all the appointments and filing for the divorce on Tuesday and trying to just tread water. But, yeah, it's a work in progress.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 12:45 am

Welcome back! :D

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 12:55 am

Good luck with coping with huge change, and welcome back.