"Brave Heroic" Cops Pepper-spray 84 Year Old Woman.

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 12:16 pm

No excuse for this, at most it should take one and at most two cops to restrain an 84 year old with mininimal force.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2016, 2:08 pm

Moral to story. Follow police instructions. And laws while you are at it.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 4:47 pm

TomS wrote:

:roll: Moral to the story. If you are being robbed, just follow the robber's instructions. Moral to the story if you are being raped, just follow the rapist's instructions. Moral to the story, if a jack-booted government thug is violating your rights, just follow his instructions.

That would be great advice if we were all a bunch of masochist who love to get victimized.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 5:06 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I don't agree with anyone saying blanket statements like "the only good cop is a dead cop."

Personally any dealings I've had with the police -- from being stopped in my car for an expired inspection sticker, to having to call them myself for assistance -- have been actually very, very positive and wonderful.

I'm sorry I stopped reading your post at that point, so I have no idea what the rest of your post was about.

Saying that getting pulled over and getting tickets for expired inspection stickers, is a very very positive and wonderful experience is right up there with saying, going to the dentist and getting a root canal done is such a very positive and wonderful experience, that I want to go back and get it done again as soon as possible. :roll:

I'm skeptical. I have never heard anybody ever say that before. Which makes me wonder why you go through such lengths just to apologize for outrageous police behavior.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 5:18 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I stand behind the Police, Firemen, First Responders, the Armed Forces, doctors and nurses - all of them who put their lives on the line for sorry asses who don't appreciate it. Anyone who says anything like the last post, that's probably the person who would be screaming for the Police the loudest if something went down. I know the type.

Why would someone who hates, and is probably afraid of the police, be screaming for the police? That doesn't even make any sense.

Personally I would never call the police for anything short of a mass shooting in progress, because I would be afraid that they will show up and start shooting innocent people. Which is not something I would want on my conscience.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 5:27 pm

JackBruns wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I stand behind the Police, Firemen, First Responders, the Armed Forces, doctors and nurses - all of them who put their lives on the line for sorry asses who don't appreciate it. Anyone who says anything like the last post, that's probably the person who would be screaming for the Police the loudest if something went down. I know the type.

(shrug) Truth hurts darlin'.

I'm not your "darlin". Truth hurts my ass. The truth? Dead cops mean no cops = civil unrest. Fine by me. I would love going back to the times of the Old West. I do live in Kansas - where anyone can now conceal and carry without a license. We're prepared. I'm prepared. Anyone comes sniffing around here, I'll shoot them a new a-hole. Question is - are you prepared? Anyone who stands up against the police and wants them gone, better be ready to defend themselves because in times of trouble, no one else is going to be around to help your sorry ass when you're busy crying for your mommy.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Why would someone who hates, and is probably afraid of the police, be screaming for the police? That doesn't even make any sense.

Personally I would never call the police for anything short of a mass shooting in progress, because I would be afraid that they will show up and start shooting innocent people. Which is not something I would want on my conscience.

You don't make sense. I know that I don't want to live in a land of the lawlessness. That is why there are rules to follow and people to enforce those rules or there would be havoc. This kind of nonsense is just another reason why I would be pro-secession. Get me away from all of these bozos.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 5:45 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Personally I would never call the police for anything short of a mass shooting in progress, because I would be afraid that they will show up and start shooting innocent people.

Typical. Like I said, you would be one of the ones screaming the loudest. And why should the police help you over someone else who actually supports their presence in society? You must think that you are really special.

Darn, I flunked.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 9:33 pm

Pepper spray is intended as a non-lethal weapon for use when force is required but not lethal force, not as an indiscriminate means of compelling compliance.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 11:21 pm

nurseangela wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

You don't make sense. I know that I don't want to live in a land of the lawlessness. That is why there are rules to follow and people to enforce those rules or there would be havoc. This kind of nonsense is just another reason why I would be pro-secession. Get me away from all of these bozos.

And who enforces the rules on the police? Nobody. Your stupid police state system, just creates a class of people who are immune to the rules, and who can do what ever they want, from pepper spraying 84 year old ladies to shooting 12 year old kids.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 11:25 pm

nurseangela wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Personally I would never call the police for anything short of a mass shooting in progress, because I would be afraid that they will show up and start shooting innocent people.

Typical. Like I said, you would be one of the ones screaming the loudest. And why should the police help you over someone else who actually supports their presence in society? You must think that you are really special.

Don't tell me what I would do. You don't know jack s**t about me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 1:35 am

0regonGuy wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
I don't agree with anyone saying blanket statements like "the only good cop is a dead cop."

Personally any dealings I've had with the police -- from being stopped in my car for an expired inspection sticker, to having to call them myself for assistance -- have been actually very, very positive and wonderful.

I'm sorry I stopped reading your post at that point, so I have no idea what the rest of your post was about.

Saying that getting pulled over and getting tickets for expired inspection stickers, is a very very positive and wonderful experience is right up there with saying, going to the dentist and getting a root canal done is such a very positive and wonderful experience, that I want to go back and get it done again as soon as possible. :roll:

I'm skeptical. I have never heard anybody ever say that before. Which makes me wonder why you go through such lengths just to apologize for outrageous police behavior.

Do understand that BirdInFlight comes from the UK which has a very different style of policing then America.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 2:37 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
... at most it should take one and at most two cops to restrain an 84 year old with mininimal force.

I don't think there's any safe way to subdue someone so old (especially a female that has a high risk of weak bones).

Anyway,

Police, politicians, the society that enables both, are all to blame for creating [and enforcing] the laws. Not just one of those.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2016, 10:03 am

0regonGuy wrote:
TomS wrote:

:roll: Moral to the story. If you are being robbed, just follow the robber's instructions. Moral to the story if you are being raped, just follow the rapist's instructions. Moral to the story, if a jack-booted government thug is violating your rights, just follow his instructions.

That would be great advice if we were all a bunch of masochist who love to get victimized.

There is a difference between people we elect and pay to enforce laws and people who are self appointed criminals who prey on innocent victims.

Are there bad sheriffs, chiefs, cops? Yes of course. But I still believe them to be in a small minority. The rest are just doing their job. And the most difficult job in high crime America. Only during active war, do soldiers pass cops in danger. The last time was 2004-2006 Iraq.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

10 Sep 2016, 12:37 pm

nurseangela wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

(shrug) Truth hurts darlin'.

I'm not your "darlin". Truth hurts my ass. The truth? Dead cops mean no cops = civil unrest. Fine by me. I would love going back to the times of the Old West. I do live in Kansas - where anyone can now conceal and carry without a license. We're prepared. I'm prepared. Anyone comes sniffing around here, I'll shoot them a new a-hole. Question is - are you prepared? Anyone who stands up against the police and wants them gone, better be ready to defend themselves because in times of trouble, no one else is going to be around to help your sorry ass when you're busy crying for your mommy.

Don't take it too personal darlin. I'm not trying to impinge myself into either your community of freedom. I'm actually a huge supporter of the second amendment, as well as the first. Amendments which the police break with a regularity and impunity which is frightening as well as despotic. Again darlin, it's not me who would be confiscating your firearms upon command by corrupt politicians. That would be your beloved police forces.

Truth hurts...darlin.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2016, 5:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

Do understand that BirdInFlight comes from the UK which has a very different style of policing then America.

I did not know that, but it doesn't change anything. I still find it unbelievable that anybody in any country would consider getting stopped by the police to be a very positive and wonderful experience. I understand that many people get tickets, and don't have any issues with it. But when you say that getting pulled over by the police was a wonderful experience, give me a break. :roll: