Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 9:02 am

I am seriously thinking that both the Democrats and the Republicans in power are intentionally fanning the flames of rivalry in the American population as a distraction from the fact that that are not interested in getting anything done.

Politics of any stripe is theater for the gullible.

And one cannot blame the politicians on the stage for that. If they had no willing audience ready to eat whatever they were being spoon fed, the theater would offer more interesting fare instead.

It is hard for me to take either side seriously when they both consist of professional victims.

And when all either side does is sling mud at the other side, I take every negative rumor with a grain of salt.

What is the solution? Well, I cannot force people away from their Constitutional rights to believe whatever yellow journalism they want to believe. And both CNN and Fox News are the epitome of yellow journalism.

Maybe I should get some sleep instead of climbing a soapbox.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 4:02 pm

This atmosphere is very prevalent... heck, someone on this forum thought I somehow shouldn't comment because I don't even live there despite the whole world being faced by fascism anew, thus creating an even further divide... do remember, though, that this is what happens when at least one candidate not only begins the mud-slinging, but urges others to practically form a mob and lynch the other candidate verbally, although the 2nd amendment might make someone think they got a licence to kill, and then the aggression continues on and on... in Turkey half of the population defends their fascist president, which is what enables him in turn to practically hunt his opponents to either death or prison... which might sound familiar in the states in the future if his counterpart is enabled...

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 4:30 pm

KagamineLen wrote:
I am seriously thinking that both the Democrats and the Republicans in power are intentionally fanning the flames of rivalry in the American population as a distraction from the fact that that are not interested in getting anything done.

politics 101

KagamineLen wrote:
What is the solution?

dunno :|

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 7:07 pm

Let me suggest doing some research on the election of 1801 which almost killed the American Republic in its cradle. If you think the press and media coverage is vicious now, see what it was like way back when. Please see
http://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by ... and-change

That election nearly killed off the United States and it made any recent election look like a Sunday School recital.

Feelings were so bitter that the conflict between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton lead to a duel in which Hamilton died of gunshot wounds.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

...Yeah , but did Mrs. Burr have a nekkid engraving on the cover of Ye New Yorke Possttte :P ?

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Let me suggest doing some research on the election of 1801 which almost killed the American Republic in its cradle. If you think the press and media coverage is vicious now, see what it was like way back when. Please see
http://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by ... and-change

That election nearly killed off the United States and it made any recent election look like a Sunday School recital.

Feelings were so bitter that the conflict between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton lead to a duel in which Hamilton died of gunshot wounds.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!