Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Sep 2016, 11:24 pm

This is not right.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 10:01 am

Raw Story implies prejudice, by reminding us that the girl is black.

But, the article never confirms whether an unnamed teacher is black or racist.

With no disrespect toward the OP, or obvious implications about autistic kids, is this kid being used.

The outcome looks to be financial support, or private schooling, which they could never otherwise afford.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:30 pm

That's just plain wrong. No kid should have to be treated like a second class citizen by any teacher.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 10:45 pm

Well then they better re-reimburse the parents for those shoes, what a bunch of crap. Teachers used to do that kind of bull-crap to me and it was pretty upsetting. Except in that time period people didn't find out about it instantly on social media.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 11:45 pm

So the strap was bothering her so the teacher probably thought she was playing. reminds me when I was seven when I was in PE, my shoes became untied so I tried to tie them but had troubles with it. By the time I got them tied finally, the classroom aide accuses me of playing and called me a lair when I told her I was trying to tie them. This was special ed, special ed I am telling you. I wasn't good at tying my shoes then and I was expected to do it myself so I didn't bother asking for help.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 10:11 am

I once saw something on TV called the Golden Apple Award that they give to the best teachers. Maybe they should have a Rotten Apple or Wormy Apple award for the worst teachers, just like the Razzberry or Rotten Tomatoes for movies.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2016, 10:27 am

That’s how you learn to suck it up when you’re physically uncomfortable and that people in a position of power don’t have to be reasonable with you.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.