ENTJ-A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ENTP-T 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ENTP-A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 26

EphraimB
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2016, 11:53 am

I finally understand why people can be fed up with my behaviors and still have Autism. Before, I thought that all autistic people understand each other. Yesterday, I figured out that i'm wrong. The personality type is more important in getting people to understand each other and be good friends. I have a combination of Autism Spectrum Disorder and INTJ-T. I now understand how it's possible that 2 autistic people could not understand each other.

Every autistic person is an [I/E]NT[J/P]-[T/A]

After the hyphen, it's either an A or a T. People with a T have anxiety and people with an A don't have anxiety.

I'm curious what personality type other people that have Autism Spectrum Disorder have.

I found this out on https://www.16personalities.com

This is my profile: https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/57c88f0c088ba

My personality type: INTJ-T

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm

I believe those aren't the only possibilities. There should also be many ISTJ autistics. And you could even find a few Fs.

I am INTP-T, but I am not sure about the T. I do have anxiety but it only hits sometimes and there are long times when I don't feel it.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

As Kiriae says, there are other possibilities (out of the total of 16). Someone else did a poll on this a while ago, and there was quite a wide selection. I don't think it's true that every autistic person falls into one of the categories you mention - it's far more nuanced than that.

I'm an INFJ - T.

People with autism frequently don't understand each other. Just take a look at the different forums on WP - it happens all the time.

Trekkie83
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2016, 4:44 pm

INFJ-T according to this test. Years ago I got INFP on another test.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 8:52 pm

I tend to get INTP on these things. I think I got INTJ once, and ISTP - I put these down to ambiguities in a few particular questions. Got INTP-A here.

I think that, after coming to WP and seeing that nowhere near all autists were introverts (which I'd presumed to be a given), any particular 'hope' of finding great recognition and agreement with my fellow aspies went out the window. There's been a few individuals on here whose experiences and perspectives I've found uncannily close to mine. The majority I sort of get but don't share, and a fair few are outright alien.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 8:58 pm

EphraimB wrote:

Where did you get that from? It's completely inaccurate. Autistic people can be any of the personality types. I for one am an ISFJ-T, or at least I was the last time I took the test.

MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Sep 2016, 8:59 pm

Greetings. I did a poll on this in the stats sections a few weeks ago, except disregarding the A/T subtype since there aren't enough poll options to choose it from. I also did it with all 16 types too. I believe that though some personality types are more profound in the autistic population, it doesn't mean that that is the limit. I do believe that introverted is more common in the autistic population, along with thinking. But it doesn't mean there are people who aren't those types. I also feel there are more J's too, because it's about order and structure, but I've been surprised about how many autistic people on here who aren't (a Judging type).

Anyways, I am an INTJ-T. I have been like this for years now. I have high anxiety (two anxiety disorders), and haven't had a period in my life when I didn't have anxiety.

Also, as someone else mentioned, there are probably several ISTJs out there in the autistic population because not every autistic person is thinking of the future and daydreaming. Some are probably in the here and now.

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2016, 9:51 pm

When I was best at masking my autistic traits for professional advancement, I always tested as an ISTJ. After my mid-40s professional burnout, I began to test differently -- either as an INFP, INFJ, or INTJ. So I've always been an I (an Introvert), but everything else has been subject to change. Most recently, I've tested as an INFJ.

Myers-Briggs has been an interest of mine for nearly 20 years 8)

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 10:26 pm

Being Feeling and Perceiving has been my consistent answer; although this time it was logic.

MadeinHisimage
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2016, 11:25 pm

I'm ENFP -T

I had to do a personality test for one of my classes this year. At that point, I was denying I had autism, but still I chose answers which described my own steriotype of autism, which I'd come to associate with myself even though I was denying I had autism. I came out as INTP! While I was reading my course stuff, I realised that wasn't me at all. It took me almost 6 months to work out I'm ENFP. Autistics can be any personality type, but autism excentriates the personalities in different ways or can hide them a little. For example, I always get close to 50% on my extroversion, which is almost an introvert because although I'm energized by social situations, I still find them difficult!

Sadly, I'm an extrovert! Which makes life hard, because I'm an extrovert with all these emotions, and I need a lot of intimate contact with other people, which I can't get because I have social anxiety!

I did the test again today I'm ENFP-T

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 2:31 am

Done this plenty of times from various sites.
I usually end up with INFJ-A, INFP-A, or ISFJ-T.
INTJ-T? I had that as the most likely result few years ago... :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 2:36 am

I just know I'm INTJ. Whoever doesn't have anxiety I'd like to meet them - they must be on some really good drugs.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

INTJ-A

EphraimB wrote:

I doubt it...

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 12:47 pm

EphraimB wrote:
After the hyphen, it's either an A or a T. People with a T have anxiety and people with an A don't have anxiety.

I feel obliged to point out that it would be better if the one *with* anxiety was called INTJ-A, and the one without was called INTJ-T (or better, INTJ-N for no-anxiety).

Did I mention that I'm an INTJ? :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 1:13 pm

I'm an INFJ-A, and I'm pretty positive that autism isn't restricted to a few specific personality types to any degree. Maybe there's a majority that "sets the standard" in a sense, though. I wouldn't know.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 1:28 pm

Kiriae wrote:
I believe those aren't the only possibilities. There should also be many ISTJ autistics. And you could even find a few Fs.

I am INTP-T, but I am not sure about the T. I do have anxiety but it only hits sometimes and there are long times when I don't feel it.

Well. I did the test and it says I am INTP-A.

I suppose it is because I don't rely on my emotions much. The anxiety is there but it's just an emotion, not thoughts. Even when I am freaking out and saying stuff like "I am worthless and I wasted my life" somewhere deep inside I know it's just emotional BS. I wish I could just take some pill to shut the anxiety because the anxiety isn't me. When anxiety hits the real me gets stuck and some actor comes out, repeating what stupid things she heard about how the world works despite me not really believing that. I would be pretty successful and definitely happy if anxiety wouldn't hit me so strong. When it hits its like my body is malfunctioning and brain gets clouded.

I wonder if the test would give different result if I was under anxiety while taking it? Possible, because I would maybe feed it the BS thats on my mind then. But it's also possible the real me would answer instead because I can get easily distracted from anxiety by getting focused on something - and a test would act as decent distraction.

Oh. Wait.

The detailed result says I am 55% Assertive 45% Turbulent. So I guess I am just in the middle between T and A - all depends on my mood.

I also scored 45% Extraverted 55% Introverted. I wonder if it is related somehow with the A-T or just a funny coincidence. And I wonder if I might be able to test as ENTP one day... It doesn't sound impossible. If small talk didn't bore me(not enough brain food/information, I am thinking much faster than anybody can talk so I prefer to read and write stuff) and if I wasn't so prone to sensory overload I might be an extrovert. But I believe I am Ti-dom more than Ne-dom.

Edit.
If anybody is interested in what MBTI type is most common in the forum (without A/T) here is an old survey with 547 answers. It's bugged (doubled answers glitch, I don't know how it exactly works but it might affect the results) but the results are:

INTJ 16+19=25%
INTP 10+12=22%
ISTJ 6+7=13%
INFP 4+5=9%
INFJ 3+4=7%
ISTP 2+2=4%
ISFJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ 1+1=2%
ESFP, ENFP 0+1=1%
ESTP 0%, 2 votes
ESFJ 0%, 0 votes
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=185828