Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

Why it's hard to shop for a person who is petite? I found clothes or pajamas that I like, but it's too big. I really don't like shopping alot.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 7:22 pm

I have the same issue. I'm only five feet tall and I find that even petite length pants and skirts are too long for me. I've gotten really good at hemming things like long skirts and dresses and doing alterations. I don't like clothes shopping either.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

You might try shopping on ebay and buy from sellers that measure the clothes they sell.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 8:19 pm

I'm not even that short, I am 5 foot 7, but I find sometimes petite clothes fit me better, especially coats. I have petite proportions, short arms and legs, long torso, high waist, but also full figured...I need curvy petite clothing but it is really hard to find.

If I go out to buy new clothes I can't find anything, so it just makes me obsessive about tracking down second-hand clothing in brands and styles that have worked for me before.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm

I shop online, I shop at Kohl's, the problem is the inseam of the pants, I'm a 27 inseam. I have trouble buying shoes too.

Jozie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Sep 2016, 11:25 pm

I go to the kids section of department stores especially for jeans. I find that in Australian sizes a womens 8 is the same as a kids 14 except shorter. Same goes for shoes - womens 6 = kids 4 but things like converse are cheaper in kids sizes even though they are actually the same.

Jaylynna
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2016, 12:43 am

I have the opposite problem. I have long legs, so regular length pants don't fit right, and I absolutely hate the feeling of "high waters."