I don't choose my friends they choose me

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm

Do you find that people you want to be friends with don't want to be friends with you? And people you don't want to be friends with make a bee line for you?

I want to have fun friends who do interesting things, but I end up with boring friends who don't want to go out anywhere.

I feel like I'm not being the real me. I'm quiet outdoorsy, but I have no one to share my activities with because the other outdoorsy people just don't want me.

I try and organise things, but my efforts aren't reciprocated. People will turn up, but don't invite me anywhere.

How are you meant to make friends??

Last edited by hurtloam on 03 Sep 2016, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2016, 10:06 pm

Same. I always hate it when people say you choose your friends, because I don't because I can't.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

boeing.angrybird
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Sep 2016, 10:10 pm

I definitely understand that frustration. Sadly for years I have accepted it as it is and have been lonely. I am trying to break out of this though and embrace who I am while being social with NT and other Aspies.
I have never tried this, but I know others who have and have heard good things- have you ever thought about joining a meetup or another interest group in your area? Maybe you would have luck there finding people with similar interests as you. It would also give you an opportunity to go out and do something.

Loves: Airplanes, Angry Birds, Ancient Egypt and Weather Patterns

http://ab-myaspielife.blogspot.com/
Check out my blog!