Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LeaPoufyPony
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Sep 2016, 3:09 pm

We live 4 hours apart and we dated on and off for few years.We broke it off for good in 2014 when he met somoone closer.I was crushed but I understood because I couldn’t give him what the other girl could–Neither of us was in the position to move.

In subsquent,he started reaching out to me more than a year later on face book,telling me that he misses me and wants to know how I’m doing.We reconnected –chatted,exhanged recent pics ,catching up with our lives.

We decided to add each other on skype to chat but there was scedule confliction everytime we made plans .Aslo the were times when he would be available to chat but then work popping up on his end .

So I finally told him I could stay up late to chat since I was off the fillowing day.He said ‘sure sounds good,looking forward to talk to you”.Then few hours later,I texted him asking what time he was getting off work but he didn’t respond.I didn’t think anything out of it as he could have been busy.Hours later..still no word from him so i texted again at 11:30 pm and asked him if he still wants to chat to no vail.I stayed up untill 1:00 am untill I got too tired and went to sleep.

Then he texted me the next day at 5:00 pm and said ‘sorry for the late reply,”yes we can chat tonight”I was like well what happened last night and he was like”I just got caught up with work,you know how it is”Then he told me that he will text me when he’s ready to chat.

I was still bothered about how he blew me off the previous night so after 10 minutes I told him to forget about skypying for tonight because I have to get up early for work then procedded to tell him about how i waited for him the previous night and he didn’t show up.Nedlessly to say,he didn’t respond to my text.This pee me off more than anything so I reacted further and sent him several messages the following day telling him it was disrespectful to blew me off like that and it’s not something i’m going to tolerate.

He finally responded and said”okay I’m sorry okay”Geeze,you’re over reacting”!This irriated me so i send him more messages expressing my disappoinment and said he could have messaged me and let me know that he couldn’t chat and he poorly handled it.

He responded and said “okay I’m done…cya.(I didn’t even read all that)”Please don’t talk to me no more”I then said”why are you being such a jerk ?I didn’t do anything to warrant such hostility.Then he said”I didn’t know you were going to be so crazy”Then I explained to him that i was just expressing my disapontment about how he blew me off and it was something i was willing to let go this time.He never responded back.It’s been almost a month since our conflict.I was thinking to reach out once the dust settles since i feel like I might have over reacted but I’m not sure.

Can we make it work?Or should i let it go? I can se myself moving for him

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Sep 2016, 4:15 pm

He's blowing you off & being a jerk when you confront him. It seems like he doesn't really want to make a relationship work with you & is only wanting you on his terms.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2016, 9:19 pm

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
We live 4 hours apart and we dated on and off for few years.We broke it off for good in 2014 when he met somoone closer.I was crushed but I understood because I couldn’t give him what the other girl could–Neither of us was in the position to move.

Are either of you in the position to move now? If not, why would this end any differently than it did last time?

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
So I finally told him I could stay up late to chat since I was off the fillowing day.He said ‘sure sounds good,looking forward to talk to you”.Then few hours later,I texted him asking what time he was getting off work but he didn’t respond.I didn’t think anything out of it as he could have been busy.Hours later..still no word from him so i texted again at 11:30 pm and asked him if he still wants to chat to no vail.I stayed up untill 1:00 am untill I got too tired and went to sleep.

Then he texted me the next day at 5:00 pm and said ‘sorry for the late reply,”yes we can chat tonight”I was like well what happened last night and he was like”I just got caught up with work,you know how it is”Then he told me that he will text me when he’s ready to chat.

It was rude of him not to keep you informed, but he very well may have been too busy working to respond. It's impossible to know what was going on on his end.

Anyway, if his texts are so infrequent, either he's very busy or he's just not that interested in talking in the first place.

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
I was still bothered about how he blew me off the previous night so after 10 minutes I told him to forget about skypying for tonight because I have to get up early for work then procedded to tell him about how i waited for him the previous night and he didn’t show up.Nedlessly to say,he didn’t respond to my text.This pee me off more than anything so I reacted further and sent him several messages the following day telling him it was disrespectful to blew me off like that and it’s not something i’m going to tolerate.

He finally responded and said”okay I’m sorry okay”Geeze,you’re over reacting”!This irriated me so i send him more messages expressing my disappoinment and said he could have messaged me and let me know that he couldn’t chat and he poorly handled it.

He responded and said “okay I’m done…cya.(I didn’t even read all that)”Please don’t talk to me no more”I then said”why are you being such a jerk ?I didn’t do anything to warrant such hostility.Then he said”I didn’t know you were going to be so crazy”Then I explained to him that i was just expressing my disapontment about how he blew me off and it was something i was willing to let go this time.He never responded back.It’s been almost a month since our conflict.I was thinking to reach out once the dust settles since i feel like I might have over reacted but I’m not sure.

When someone's not responding to you, spamming them isn't going to result in a favourable outcome. It kinda does sound like you went a bit over the top if I'm being honest. By the same token though, it's rude of him to read your messages and not respond (I assume that's what was happening). Clearly he's not as interested in you as you are in him. The fact that it's been a month and he hasn't contacted you suggests he has no intention of doing so. He explicitly told you not to contact him, so if I were you, I wouldn't.

LeaPoufyPony wrote:
Can we make it work?Or should i let it go? I can se myself moving for him

Why could you see yourself moving for him? If you can't even resolve online tussles, I can't imagine how you'd fair together in real life.

By not handling the Skype situation well, and not contacting you in a month, he's made his position pretty clear. Even if you were interested in making things work out, he clearly isn't

solo
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2016, 12:39 am

You are wasting your time.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2016, 10:30 am

Don't waste any more of your time on him.

At the very least, he's unreliable, a flake. From the pattern of blowing you off, it sounds to me like he's presently with someone and is trying to fit in a 'chat' with you when she's not around.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.