A man exposed himself to my daughter!

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:55 am

My PDD-NOS daugher (16) was walking to the store today and a man pulled up next to her and was masturbating in his car!

I am so appalled, disgusted, alarmed, afraid to ever let her out of house again. We live in suburbia and there is no sidewalk on part of the street so he pulled up close enough to the side of the road so she could she this disgusting act! She's seems OK, but I'm worried about her.

My god, I've got to get out of this location!

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:39 am

Oh my goodness, that's awful! What is wrong with people?

I can really empathise because last Friday I was on the train on the way back from work and the man next to me who was watching goodness knows what on his laptop started stroking a certain area of his body and making noises! I ended up running through the train to find the guard and had a huge panic attack and was shaking - and the other passengers were just laughing at me. (btw I have AS).

So I really feel for your daughter - it must have been very upsetting for her and I just can't understand why people would behave like that.

Have you contacted the authorities about this man, or do you not feel it would be of any use?

I wish you and your daughter well.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:22 am

What's wrong with these perverted scumbags, girl7000? What happened to you is DISGUSTING. These perverts need to be locked up, chemically castrated or something.

I called the useless police, but since my daughter didn't get his license number or can't even identify the car, they felt that it wasn't worthwhile to come out and even get a report. I suppose when 2 or 3 people are getting murdered every day, they just don't have time for garden variety perverts!

I am SO PISSED OFF.

Are girls on the spectrum more vulnerable to this? This just breaks my heart. :cry:

ster
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 5:36 am

I am so sorry that she had to see that.....perverts are everywhere. the most you can do to protect your child is make her aware of what to do in an uncomfortable situation like this. she reported it to you, and although that might seem like a small triumph, be happy that she reported it to you....many offenses go on which children never report~or children report and their parents tell them that they're either lying or making too much of the incident ( this was the case with me when i was little )...........I am glad that you are listening and supporting your daughter through this time. best of luck.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 6:25 am

I've had some really awkward things like this happen in my life and all, another girl and I got flashed by an older boy when I was younger. Had men inappropriately try to touch me and all... it's something I wish I hadn't ever dealt with but was also scared over it too.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

08 May 2007, 6:28 am

When I was 16 a friend's uncle flashed himself at me. Yuck! I felt nauseous for a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately when I sit and talk with any group of women there are lots of similar stories.

Tell your daughter what to do in these situations. Tell her that sadly there are some perverts out there.

Smelena

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 6:39 am

God, I know. My aunt and uncle were visiting from out of town when I was about 13. My uncle and my dad would get drunk together and for some reason I was left home alone with my drunk uncle who walked into my room, rubbing his number. I ran like a bat out of hell and hid until my parents came back.

About 15 years ago, I was jogging in a park and some guy flashed me. Do they just get off on grossing out women?

carolgatto
Raven
Raven

08 May 2007, 7:03 am

I am so sorry that your daughter had to go through that, what a terrible thing. Yes, these types of perverts get off on this,it's like reverse voyerism. Most never escalate from this behavior, but in some cases they move from this behavior to worse sex crimes. Definitely talk with your daughter about what happened and how that made her feel and make sure she is ok emotionally. Also you want to be sure to make her understand what to do if a situation like this should escalate. It would be wise for you to talk with the neighbors and the school so that there is more awareness, because I wouldn't doubt this guy will be in the area again. I speak from experience with a man doing this in our area. Hugs to you and your daughter.

EarthCalling
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 7:40 am

That is horrible and disgusting. I had a similar thing happen when I was 12, i was walking around a forested woodlot with my sister and a man walked in and started to urinate and play with himself about 20 feet off of us. He pretended he had no idea we where there, but considering the lack of underbrush and the manner in which he was doing it, looking back he damn well knew like my mother suggested.

Hopefully your daughter can move past this and know it was nothing she did, I have a feeling she could have been just about any 16 year old. Maybe report it to a few local schools in the area?

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:55 am

That happened to me and a few of my friends when we were in high school. It was disgusting. I learned in a self-defence class that if you stay calm and make a comment about size, etc. without looking surprised or repulsed (ssuurree!) the perv loses the element of shock that they need. That is supposedly what they are wanting, the shock or repulsion. She told us the whole psychological profile.
Serious, I really wish I could erase the past week for you and rewrite it. :(

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:58 am

A terrible incident, SeriousGirl.

Semi-related link: http://www.mapsexoffenders.com/

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2007, 9:27 pm

I am soo sorry to hear about that. That is awful. There are some sick people in this world. :cry:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:34 am

Does you daughter carry a cell phone? Even one that doesn't work? A camera might scare off people such as this, if they think they're getting IDed. I don't like the things but get nervous if my wife is on a trip without one. They are useful for more things then just to say hi to your friend that happens to be standing next to you. I did tend to get myself in trouble every now and again and I didn't live in a city. Some times I see people getting more scarred from thinking the next pervert is around the corner then the odds of such a thing really happening. That is not to say that one shouldn't be very alert and yes it does happen. More often in the home then out of it. Does your area have a class for self protection for ladies? I don't mean to be sexist, I think it valueable for any child. It isn't all about muscle there are common sense things to do and probably way better advice then I could ever give. Some random thoughts is all.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 8:14 am

That might enrage them though, so I wouldn't advise it. You could end up getting up violently assaulted or raped if you did something like that with the cameraphone.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 9:40 am

Tequila wrote:
That might enrage them though, so I wouldn't advise it. You could end up getting up violently assaulted or raped if you did something like that with the cameraphone.

yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, glad you put it up, it went skipping through my mind race and didn't come back.

JsMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2007, 10:14 am

This same type of incident happened to me when I was about 16 or 17. A guy yelled to me to ask directions and when I moved closer to his car, it was obvious he wasn't looking for directions.

I'm sure your daughter will be fine. I just told myself that he was a sick person and moved on. I don't even think I told my Mom about it, so I guess you're lucky that you're daughter felt comfortable enough to tell you about it.

It's stinky that there are people like this out there.