01 Jun 2005, 1:31 pm

I need a job..... any suggestions?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2005, 1:40 pm

Well, what do you like to do?

What prior jobs have you held?

Do you want to do more of the same or something different?

How many hours/week?

Need the job for money or is an interesting sitituation more important?

This just for the summer or long term?

If you plan on post-secondary study (ie college) might you do an internship instead, to get the experience?

Do you have transporation?

What jobs will your parents allow you to have?

I wish you luck in finding something that meets your needs.

BeeBee

cin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2005, 1:49 pm

start with a temp agency, so you can find out what's in demand and if you need to polish some skills.

most people get their best jobs from friends or relatives - ask everyone you know.

read your local paper's want ads and go to your local job service of the department of labor - not the best places to actually find a job, but good places to research what kinds of jobs there are. also you can get help w a resume and use their computers, printers, faxes and phones for free.

look around at all the help wanted signs you see. even if you don't want the job, it's great practice to apply for everything and go on as many interviews as you can. i like to go on interviews for jobs i don't want to practice my socialization.

check the internet for the websites of your local, state and federal govt. many civil service jobs, such as food service, hospital and health workers, generla labor, don't require much except the ability to follow english spoken instructions and don't require testing. the ones that require tests have published all their prior tests and these are available through your local library or through the civil service people. the tests change little and you get better each time you take one.

if you can't handle anything that structured, there are many ways to earn a few dollars without committing to a job - lots of peole need help around the house, elderly people need help caring for their property. good work like that is also available through local greenhouses, etc.

if all else fails, try VESID.

good luck.