In a way, it amazes me that anyone ever wins in love

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2007, 10:20 am

I had this conversation with a friend a few days ago. I've seen so many situations (me included) where one half of a couple/prospective couple thinks the other half is perfect for them, but then it turns out that the feelings aren't reciprocated. How in the hell does this ever work out? How does it work that two people meet and both come to the same conclusion that they're right for each other?

Ok, maybe I'm just being cynical, but I can't help but wonder about the percentage of couples out there who just get sick of waiting for their match to turn up so they settle for the next person who seems to think they're the "one", even if they really don't feel the same way.

I don't want to settle. I want someone to want me because they think I'm perfect for them and I want to feel the same way back. But the times I feel that way about someone are when they don't feel the same way back. It's the guys who I realize don't mesh with me that for some reason decide I'm perfect for them.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 11:43 am

I know what you mean. This love thing is so wierd, I would think the odds are against Love. In that I mean, there are so many people in the world,what are the odds of finding the perfect mate. I really think that I'm not suited to this whole love/marriage thing. But then again mabye I'm also being cynical!

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 3:04 pm

Everyone has to worry about number one these days, it's like socially unacceptable not to.

Thus why finding 'the one' is a bit more difficult-good luck finding someone who has the time!

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2007, 5:28 pm

Spot17 wrote:
I had this conversation with a friend a few days ago. I've seen so many situations (me included) where one half of a couple/prospective couple thinks the other half is perfect for them, but then it turns out that the feelings aren't reciprocated. How in the hell does this ever work out? How does it work that two people meet and both come to the same conclusion that they're right for each other?

Ok, maybe I'm just being cynical, but I can't help but wonder about the percentage of couples out there who just get sick of waiting for their match to turn up so they settle for the next person who seems to think they're the "one", even if they really don't feel the same way.

I don't want to settle. I want someone to want me because they think I'm perfect for them and I want to feel the same way back. But the times I feel that way about someone are when they don't feel the same way back. It's the guys who I realize don't mesh with me that for some reason decide I'm perfect for them.

Kudos to you for not wanting to settle. I'm the same way. I refuse to settle for what's readily available to me just because it's easier. To me, that's the same as giving up, and I wasn't raised to be a quitter.

Never settle. Never ever settle for what's the easiest to obtain. In the end, and trust me on this, you'll be glad you did. You'll never have to look back on your life and have any regrets. Everyone I know who's settled in the past regretted that they settled for what was easiest to obtain.

Hang in there and, again, never settle. Know there's people out there, like you, who refuse to settle. I know. As I said before, I'm one of those people. (: