Hello, I'm new here - sober and clean, hurray!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tommy_1975
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2016, 7:33 pm

I'm 41 now, but it wasn't until 2012 after countless detoxes and relapses that I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.
In 2006 I lost my job, my father, and my friends (they all moved west). With the help of a caring neighbour and the last bit of sanity I had in me I successfully sued my former employer and received a truckload of money as compensation for royally screwing me up in the head. So there I was, alone in my appartment, depressed and with all the time and money in the world. I think you can guess where this is heading... Anyway, I moved to the town where I have been treated for alcoholism, substance abuse, schizo-affective disorder and had extensive therapy as well as medication for dealing with autism. Right, that'll do for an introduction - adding that I have been clean and sober for 1.5 years now.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 7:54 pm

Welcome! Great that you're getting treated.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2016, 8:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 5:44 pm

Hey Tommy welcome. :sunny:

tanq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2016, 12:35 pm

Congratulations on staying clean and sober for 1.5 years! May you have many many more!

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 9:21 pm

I am glad you found a better path and hope it continues, welcome :)

Tommy_1975
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2016, 4:23 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome & positive replies! Glad I found this site, allways good to know there's others like me...

psi
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

Hi Tommy, well done on your sobriety! I am 15 years clean and sober and I was diagnosed with AS when I was about 11 years sober. I've just found this place too, and it is really helping me with my AS and knowing there are others like me. All the best. :)

Psi

Xlandril
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Sep 2017, 1:28 am

Tommy_1975 wrote:
I'm 41 now, but it wasn't until 2012 after countless detoxes and relapses that I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.
In 2006 I lost my job, my father, and my friends (they all moved west). With the help of a caring neighbour and the last bit of sanity I had in me I successfully sued my former employer and received a truckload of money as compensation for royally screwing me up in the head. So there I was, alone in my appartment, depressed and with all the time and money in the world. I think you can guess where this is heading... Anyway, I moved to the town where I have been treated for alcoholism, substance abuse, schizo-affective disorder and had extensive therapy as well as medication for dealing with autism. Right, that'll do for an introduction - adding that I have been clean and sober for 1.5 years now.

I know that game, brother. I've toiled with alcoholism for the majority of my adult life, and it's no joke at all...

Congratulations for going sober for 1.5 years, but here's my advice; Alcoholism is never "cured", it's just waiting in the shadows for you to let your guard down. NEVER. LET. YOUR. GUARD. DOWN.

I'm proud of you, dude. You've managed to do what I couldn't. Please stick with it.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2017, 1:52 am

Clarity is great isn't it?! Congratulations on your achievement, and welcome to Wrong Planet.