Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jostzit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Sep 2016, 2:05 am

someone said to me (Do you have autism or is this someone else you're talking about?)
whats is mean?

Last edited by jostzit on 16 Sep 2016, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 2:37 am

^^^hiya jostzit :) welcome to our club 8) autism is a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts. what used to be called Asperger's syndrome is a higher-functioning subset of autism spectrum disorder. to answer your question, I myself was dx'ed with Asperger's syndrome as a middle-aged old geezer :bigsmurf: some people just call it Asperger's or Asperger syndrome. i'm only talking about myself here. this is my primary psychiatric condition. I have better language skills and slightly better social skills than those who received other types of autism spectrum disorder dx. but I still have the outcome of many with this condition in terms of being a social and economic failure in this culture.
are there any other questions?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 4:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet

It probably means the other person thinks you are talking about yourself.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 6:29 pm

jostzit wrote:
someone said to me (Do you have autism or is this someone else you're talking about?)
whats is mean?

What country are you from?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 6:31 pm

jostzit wrote:
whats is mean?

It sounds like you were describing your autism symptoms to someone. And a third person overheard you talking and wanted to know if you were describing yourself, or if you were describing some forth person.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 8:54 pm

I think they think you're mimicking someone. I'm probably not the best person to ask for advice though