Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 6:45 pm

Have you ever told someone you really dislike them? or in some other way just totally shattered their illusions about you, or about what you think of them?

I usually try to hold it back but the longer it goes on the more I feel like I am going to blow up and say it anyway.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 7:08 pm

Yes, it's usually at the time I decide to end a friendship.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 8:17 pm

I can tell a close friend or partner things that are bothering me about them when I realize it's really causing problems, although it's not that it's easy or anything. But as for telling someone I really dislike them, that usually is the "parting words" scenario when I'm having such a blow-out argument with them that I don't care if the friendship or relationship is all over. By the time I'm saying how much I can't stand them it's been over for a while, in spirit, anyway!

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~